Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Token names visible through walls with Dynamic Lighting

Not really a bug per se, but more a technical issue. As I was wrapping up getting an encounter map set up, I wanted to do a test to see if things were working properly for the game I'm about to start running next week. So I made a test token, gave it sight, and wanted to see what it would look like for players. I hit Cmd+L (mac) and this is what I got: Clearly, the players shouldn't be able to see the names of tokens on the other side of walls. Then I thought perhaps this was an issue because I was looking at it as the GM. I hit the "log in as player" button but still got the same effect. Is there a way to fix this issue? Ideally, I'd like to keep the names on if possible. But if there's no other way then I'll have to disable the names.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Alex, the best solution is to move the tokens to the GM layer, which will make them invisible to the players until you're ready for them to be seen. The hotkeys make this an incredibly quick process once you've become familiar with them. It's Ctrl+Z to get to the GM layer and then after selecting the token Ctrl+Shift+O to move the selected objects to the Token layer.
That's ...actually quite brilliant! I'm ashamed I didn't think of it earlier. Thank you so much, Steve! :)
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Happy rolling!