Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

12/27/2014 Savage Worlds (Tabbed) Sheet Update

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
In case people have missed it, I'm creating a new post for this update. I just committed the latest version of the Savage Worlds Character Sheet. Highlights: Configuration is "fully" implemented, meaning you can modify the background and logo of your character sheet (at least with those included in the sheet and more can/will be added). I've also included a few other setting specific fields for things like Sanity, Homeworld, Fame, etc. More setting specific fields will be added in the future as well. If there are any requests, just let know and I'll see what I can do. The layout has been modified for readability, but most things should still be in their same place as before (though some fields have moved around for more logical grouping, especially as I look to bring in setting specific fields). No field names were modified, so there shouldn't be an issues with losing data, though be aware that some the configuration system does utilize field names that get used multiple times and in some cases in a rather non-traditional way (such as checkboxes that function somewhat like radio buttons, because radio buttons aren't the easiest to work with. Here are a few screen shots of the changes... The Configuration Window: Here's an image of the blank background with the Last Parsec logo and setting fields: Old Map Background with Fame field showing for Pirates of the Spanish Main: Here's a Zombie-appropriate background with Sanity showing under the Derived Stats: And just because I want to show off the use of fonts for the Journal... Let me know if you run across any problems or would like to make a request. I'm planning on trying to come up with some backgrounds for a sci-fi setting, a fantasy setting and a Supers setting, but would welcome any recommendations for those. The background does need to be seamless and should be at least 845px wide, and if possible close to 900px tall just to make the scrolling a little more interesting, etc. I can't promise when I'll add the next set of setting specific stuff, because I've been neglecting other things for the time being, so will be taking a break from this for a bit, but some things are easy to add (backgrounds are especially easy), so those may get more love in the near future. I do plan on trying to work up a help page similar to what's being used for the D&D 5e and Pathfinder sheets. And since it's been asked about, there are some fields that may be missing. Specifically things like Size and other racial/monstrous abilities. I may add them down the road, but I don't have any plans to do so for now. In my own mind, I've always lumped them together with Edges and tracked them there (and that's why I've added modifier fields to just about everything). However, I may change my mind later--anything's possible.
Fantastic work. Thank you so much!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks, Rodney. I appreciate it. :)
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
These look super sweet, GV. Great job. You've got me half tempted to run a Deadlands Reloaded game just so I can use your sheet!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
LOL - Thanks, Steve. I guess that means I better add in the Deadlands specific fields like Grit and the such. :)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
So, I figured I better go in and add support for Pinnacle's most popular game: Deadlands (thanks Steve K for reminding me of that). I also added support for Necessary Evil (and other Supers games) given that I know some of you are planning on a Supers-themed game. I think I've added all the necessary fields to support those two settings, but if I've missed one, just let me know. Also, based on some feedback (thanks Rodney) I decided to make the Additional Settings section more generic and removed all the Settings designations. While I have no problems selecting fields from certain settings there is enough overlap that it seemed a little silly. So, each item has a title so when you hover over one of the setting fields to check it, a little balloon should pop up giving more detailed information and noting any settings that one may be appropriate for. Here's how the new Configuration Window looks (I'm having my mouse over the Sanity field so you can see what the title balloon looks like): I've not added any background images for the Supers or Deadlands yet, I want to find a decent background for those, so if anyone has any recommendations, I'm up for suggestions. As mentioned earlier, the background just needs to be seamless and should be at least 845px wide. Oh - BTW, all of these changes are to the Wild Card sheet. I've not messed with the Mook sheet yet and not sure when I'm going to, but I will eventually get around to updating that as well.
Something I noticed during the game I was running last night: in the Weapon sections, the Damage bonus on a Raise is currently a drop down menu with die types. AFAIK the Raise damage bonus is always 1d6 regardless of weapon (Savage Worlds Deluxe p. 67). So I'd suggest replacing that drop down menu with a simple check box that just adds in the 1d6 bonus when selected, would be quicker and less prone to error. Actually it was my players who noticed this more than me, they are fairly new to the system and kept asking "What damage bonus die do I add this time?", so it was definitely quite confusing to them. Another thing that threw my players a little was that if a modifier field is left empty instead of having a zero in it calculations get screwed up. This kept happening because they would erase a modifier that had been set previously and forget to put a zero in to replace it. Don't know if it's possible, but can you flag a modifier field that's empty to either throw up an error message or simply auto-populate with a zero? Apart from those small niggles, once again I have to say that this sheet is genius work sir! Thank you!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
l'll see what can be done with blank modifiers, but that will take some research on my part, because I'm not sure what the limitations are (and I'm really just a hack learning this stuff as I go.) As for the dropdown for the Raise on damage...that was done intentionally, because some use a Homebrew rule that a Raise = d6 for each additional Raise on the attack roll the die type increases to a max of d12 (I'm one of those guys who use that rule). I was going to say I wont' be changing that, but I realized that I have a Configuration window where I might be able to modify that. I'll mess around with that and see if I can figure that out (see the hack comment above), and if I can get that to be part of the configuration I'll make a change, but if I can't figure it out, then the drop down will likely remain (sorry). Thanks for the feedback.
You are most welcome. As I said, just small niggles, but I figured you'd like to know :-)
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Ok, I've got it setup so the standard configuration is for the normal Bonus Damage of a d6 regardless of how many raises a person gets on their attack roll. That can be changed in the UI Tweaks part of the configuration. A quick note, because it's a repeating section and select tags and radio buttons play oddly with repeating sections (well, play oddly with character sheets in general), if you had ever used the Home brew style (with the drop down) and had a die type selected when you switched over, that die type will remain persistent if you ever uncheck the Raise checkbox. What I mean is, if the drop down was set to d8, and then you unselected the Home brew rule in the Configuration, if you check the Raise box it will roll a d6, but if you uncheck it (i.e. no raise), it will roll the d8. The way to fix that would be to use the Home brew rule, set the selector to n/a and then uncheck the home brew rule. Then, if the box is checked, it'll roll an additional d6, otherwise it will roll a d0. If you add a new character and never use the home brew rule, you should be fine from the get go (at least I was in my testing). I hope this helps.
I have to compliment you; the new sheet is pretty awesome. It works great for interface Zero, and I appreciate you inculdining Noir in there as well.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Thanks. =) Glad you like it.
This sheet is Awesome. Thank you for your hard work.