Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for 1-2 great role players for a 2nd edition / pathfinder aggragate long term campaign.

Edited 1420205466
Hello all, I am the DM for an aggregate campaign that is 2nd edition, but with adaptations from Pathfinder. The goal is to eventually roll over fully into Pathfinder. I'm looking for 1 to 2 great role players that enjoy narrative story telling (2nd edition and/or pathfinder familiarity preferred but not required). I currently have a group of 3 players, (two of which have been playing for 15+ years). New players welcome. This is a home brewed campaign world with deep history. I also make my own maps utilizing cartographer, and auto-gens for dungeon crawling. We utilize a website to organize house rules and special information. we use cloud storage for game files. Skype is used for our live sessions and file sharing. All participants are well-balanced people that are interested in what makes RPGs awesome. We keep game times fluid, but generally we get together once a week. We understand that people have lives so we keep schedules fluid. All of our players can accommodate your schedule. The most important quality we're looking for is someone who will stick around for the long hall.
To answer a couple of questions received: if you are not a great role player, don't worry - it comes naturally over time.

Edited 1420218431
I am definitely interested in joining your campaign if you will have me. If possible though, would you let me play a more exotic than normal race? The race in question is the Lupin, one that originated in 2nd edition officially and I promise to bring solid role playing to the table. I also prefer to role play my character in his elements rather than create him as a weapon, able to slaughter any encounter. I have also had the idea for this character on the back burner of my mind for several weeks now but if the lore is unfriendly or if the Lupin race is unwelcomed, I am prepared to adapt and change. If I piqued your interest though, may I present my character, Volg, the chaotic good Lupin fighter Background: Hailing from the reach, a land surronded by vast ranges of mountains, isolated from the modern world. In the reach, it's inhabitants are both prisoners and the wardens, for within it's realms, monsters terrorize it's inhabitants. Chief among these monsters are the ever present threat of werewolves, beings that even make the savagest orc quake with fear. The werewolves have infested themselves within the civilized hamlets and towns that dot the landscapes, hiding in plain sight until the rise of the full moon, after which, they prey mercilessly upon their neighbors. There stands only one force that takes the fight to the werewolves and it is known as the Silver Brotherhood. Within the Silver Brotherhood lies their secret weapon, the lupin. A race that solely calls the reach home for it is where their life calling is found for they possess a rare and incredibly potent gift. They are able to sense the true form of a werewolf, able to see beyond their human disguise and see them for what they truly are. It is for this reason they they are the lone guards upon the bittergate, the only exit to the reach. They stand watch for the good of man, preventing the lycan outbreak from reaching into the outside lands. This is the story of Volg, the lupin who set his sights on joining the silver brotherhood. To prove his worth, he enlisted his service to Wolfbane Mine, the grand source for silver in the Reach. It is here that werewolves are captured and are bound as slaves, doomed to mine the mineral that poisons their body until the day they die. It was dirty work but it brought wealth to the reach. It was a lupin's job to guard the prisoners and prevent a prison breach. It has been two centenaries since Wolfbane Mine had a single escaped prisoner and that day was about to repeat itself. Young and foolish, Volg made a grave mistake that would potentially doom the outside world. Being responsible for what the locals called "lights out", his job was to insure that each prisoner was shackled in their cell before the night arrived. All the prisoners were accounted for and secured, except for one. Being locked in the mines for several years made the old man shrewd. Being left to do as he pleased during the night, he careful exposed the precious skylight that laid hidden for so long, bringing in the light of the full moon. Howling erupted during the middle of the night and monsters poured through the mine entrance, slaughtering the awed onlookers that were unlucky enough to be outside. The pack of werewolves headed straight for the Bittergate, the only way into the outside world, and for the first time in recorded history, the walls of Bittergate were breached. Fearing for his life, Volg knew his place was no longer in the Reach and he had to atone for his crime against humanity. He fled past the remaining guards of the Bittergate, and never turned back. Now Volg travels as a wandering sword, out to atone for his sin. he seeks to aid mankind in ridding the plane of the lycan menace that he introduced. This means that he would have to travel the world, seeking out these lycan monsters while they hide in their false disguises. Appearance: Standing at a lowly 5'3", Volg was shorter than the average man that he found himself surrounded by. Gray and brown fur covers his body and emerald green eyes adorn his face. Low quality iron armor is the best that he can afford for work is difficult to find. He does carry the two silver short swords that he received from his mentor though. "The perfect defense against werewolves is the perfect offense. Don't waste time trying to block their blows because they will just overpower you and rip your jugular out." his old mentor said. Personality: Ever since leaving the strict regime of the Silver Brotherhood, Volg finds great joy in the cheap ale that fills the land. It has evolved beyond simple pleasure and erupted into a full blown addiction. This often leaves him drunk at the tavern saying things too blunt for taste to the local crowd and often finds himself digging his own hole. He means good though but just cant help that he grew up in the more hardy region of the Reach. Whether he is tipsy or not though, his caring heart usually subtlety appears no matter what. One time, seeing highwaymen trying to con some poor sap when he was trying to get into town, Volg butted in without caring to mind his own business. He ended up getting beat an inch from life and left for dead with the traveler outside the town. Luckily he left his valuables at the inn, but all his recent earnings were gone with the wind. Hope to hear back from you and be able to play in your guys campaign. Also on another note, I'm sure I can make it work but what time would the sessions start?
Hello there! Thanks for your reply. I am sending you a private response. To answer your question though for the benefit of perhaps one other, generally we start in the evening around 8:30 pm, EST. However as stated earlier, we keep the schedule fluid so we can accommodate everyone. Whatever works best for everyone, and on whatever date is what we do.
Greetings :) I've been playing rpg's for 35+ years, starting back in 1st edition AD&D. I've been looking for a good heavy roleplay campaign, and my schedule is quite open.((Disabled, with plenty of time on my hands)) I've been playing mostly pathfinder lately, but I am more then willing to get back into 2nd edition. Please contact me on skype, if you wish to talk shop :) wandarer1968 I hope to hear from you soon.
My humble greetings, Sir Jay of Arre, I came across your parchment upon the noticeboard of a nearby town, and am willing to partake in this adventure! I am a novice within this realm, but I have had some minor training with this so-called "Pen and Paper Ar-Pee-Gee." If you are willing to teach a beginner such as myself, it sounds like a mighty adventure! Ok, real talk. I'm a beginner gamer more than eager to play with you guys. I don't have much experience, but I am a fast learner. Also, a roleplay-heavy adventure sounds great. I love the dramatic arts and getting immersed in the world. I am 19 years old and still juggling some schooling, so evenings would be best for me. If you think you'd be willing to take on a newbie, I'm in! Skype:prince_dretten
Thanks everyone for the responses. the slots filled very quickly. however, I will send each person that already responded a private message