Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Dice Reroling with more dice

Sithun
Pro
Sheet Author
The Roll20 dice system is overall well thought out in my opinion. But I've come across a thing i think is missing to the reroll system: A way to re-roll dice with more dice. I will try to explain my suggestion as well as i can. How it works now (copy-pasted from the wiki): Rerolling Dice (B,F) rCP Several systems require that certain dice be reroll, for example brutal weapons in D&D 4e require any 1s or 2s to be re-rolled and the original die value ignored. The reroll modifier can be specified multiple times to allow rerolling at multiple Compare Points. By default the dice will continue to reroll until the result is inside the defined parameters. Optionally you can set the results to only reroll once regardless of the outcome. Example Rerolls 2d10r<2 - Roll 2 d10's and reroll any time a 2 or lower is rolled 8d6r - Roll 8 d6's and reroll any time a 1 is rolled 8d6r2r4r6 - Roll 8 d6's and reroll any time a 2, 4, or 6 is rolled 2d6ro<2 - Roll 2 d6's and reroll anything less than 2 but only once How i would like it to work (additions in bold font) Rerolling Dice (B,F) rCP Several systems require that certain dice be reroll, for example brutal weapons in D&D 4e require any 1s or 2s to be re-rolled and the original die value ignored. The reroll modifier can be specified multiple times to allow rerolling at multiple Compare Points. You can also specify to re-roll with additional dice. By default the dice will continue to reroll until the result is inside the defined parameters. Optionally you can set the results to only reroll once regardless of the outcome. Example Rerolls 2d10r<2 - Roll 2 d10's and reroll any time a 2 or lower is rolled 8d6r - Roll 8 d6's and reroll any time a 1 is rolled 8d6r2r4r6 - Roll 8 d6's and reroll any time a 2, 4, or 6 is rolled 8d6r6x2 - Roll 8 d6's and reroll any 6's along with an extra dice. 8d100r99r100x3 - Roll 8 d100's and reroll any results on 99 or 100 with 2 extra dice. 2d6ro<2 - Roll 2 d6's and reroll anything less than 2 but only once Purpose Since the mid 90's, Swedes have played an RPG called Eon. That game uses a reroll system where 6's are rerolled with one more dice. Many other users have suggested, or rather asked, if this was possible with the current way that roll20 handles dice. All of them have been told to "check out the API" or use any number of cop-out solutions. With the recent release of the much anticipated sequel to Eon 3 (released in august 2004), Eon 4, the excessively crowdfunded love-child of Helmgast, will soon rise to popularity among the thousands of swedish roleplayers of all ages. With the vast amount of supported roleplaying-systems on this site, I think its time to share the love of Roll20 with us swedish people. We gave you Ikea, Volvo and ABBA, now you can give us something awesome in return: The ability to play one of Sweden's RPG-treasures with people in Malmö and Happaranda at the same time!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .