Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Any Advice from other GMs on Edge of the Empire

I am looking to put together an EotE campaign. We will be generating new characters and start with the beginner box adventure and continue to play from there. What maps, resources, icons, scripts etc.. anything have you guys used for EotE? I am new to roll20 and don't GM a bunch so any advice is welcome :-)
BUMP.
There are a number of other pre-written adventures for EotE, including some free ones. Once you've worked through the beginners' box set I would suggest you have a look at The Long Arm of the Hutt , it's designed to follow straight on from the Escape from Mos Shuuta.

Edited 1420901546
Ben H
KS Backer
To be a bit more Roll20 specific (with the disclaimer that I haven't done EotE on Roll20)... Since you're a mentor, I'm pretty sure there's an EotE dice script - the alternative would be to use a rollable table. Getting EotE print books in PDF is quite difficult due to licensing so if you can't obviously find maps online then scanning them may be the best option (though as previously mentioned there are some free PDF adventures which you should be able to extract maps from). Alternatively, there are countless more general 'sci-fi' maps in the Marketplace and available through a Google search. With regards to tokens, again there are a number of sci-fi sets available (assuming the Empire is going to be involved then Galactic Grunts make excellent Storm Troopers). More generally, Wookieepedia is both an excellent resource and a possible contender for the best website name of all time.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Jason. One suggestion I would make, and it's not EotE specific is that you don't have to rely on having maps/tokens for everything. I know the tendency is to use every bell and whistle roll20 has to offer, but don't get bogged down in the grind of campaign/session creation. I often find myself doing a ton of work the ultimately results in little impact to my players. In lieu of maps/tokens, maybe just have a backdrop image for the scene and apply some soundscape as well. Bring other images/imagery in as tokens(the token-zoom using Z or shift+Z feature is handy for this), as needed. Theatre of the mind stuff. I would say start small (Beginner's box is perfect), you can either scan the maps, images, and text or you may be able to find them online. As your game progresses, start adding features as the need arises. Basically get a game up and running and develop as needed. No need to put the cart before the horse. Have fun.
Having run EotE previously I would suggest not starting out with maps and tokens, but do use some visual aids. Whether that's just handouts or what, EotE is a narrative game that doesn't work the best with set distances but better with their vague terminology such as short medium long and extreme. Let the dice do the talking when it comes to rolls, and try using the API code for the rolls to help with that. Hope some of this helps!