Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Text editor is very buggy

Editing text in Roll 20 is an exercise in frustration. Pressing enter sometimes line breaks, sometimes create a paragraph, doesn't necessarily delete the selected text etc. etc. Text editors are a notoriously hard problem, however there are quite a few great open source projects out there. I'm somewhat familiar with CK Editor, it's what we use at Squarespace, and it serves us well.
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Please feel free to create a suggestion about updating or changing the text editor if there is not a suggestion already made.

Edited 1421024599
Michael H
Sheet Author
Sorry, I actually thought I posted this in the bugs forum. Can you move it?
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Consider it done. You might need to put a vote on it.
I have the problem where I highlight 1 small sentence to change the color from black to red, instead it turns either ALL text after it to red or it shows the sentence I highlight red but when I save it is black again. This has been around since I started and it is VERY annoying that it was not fixed, can we please get it fixed?
Why has this been ignored when it seems like everyone uses it to do ANY typing on this site, in handouts and character sheets. **sigh**
Do all your typing in Word or Notepad and then copy+paste into roll20. Trying to type within Roll20 is just suffering and angst. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .