Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rollable Tables - How do I get non-duplicate results?

I looked around and didn't see any option for this (as a table or even as dice). I have made a rollable table that currently contains 5 items and it is usable by a PC can handle a mandated random roll. He is capable of having only 2 items from this list at a time, but without duplicates. Is there a parameter or something that would go with /roll 2t[Wyld-Table] that would prevent the possibly of getting the same result twice (by maybe self re-rolling or something if duplicates)? It actually happens quite a bit and he has to keep re-rolling it. I would just like it to be cleaner as it eats up large chat space. He ends up needing to roll this every couple battle rounds so fewer re-rolls would be better. Which leads me to: I have attempted to put the table roll into an inline roll result. It works fine when I do a [[1t[Wyld-Table]]] as it gives me the single table result inline. However, when I try any higher number [[2t[Wyld-Table]]] - I still only get a single result showing. Am I overlooking something or does this just not happen for tables since they are not "being mathed together"?
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
To answer your second question first: If the name of the table items starts with a number, the numbers will be summed. However, an inline roll isn't going to simply output each of the results of multiple rolls on the table (outside of hovering over the roll, of course). As for preventing duplicates, I don't believe there's any means to do so. You could create a card deck instead and have the player draw from the deck, although that will require creating images (while a table you can get away with just text).
you can use a card generator to make the cards. as brian said cards are the best option. <a href="http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/" rel="nofollow">http://magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/</a>