Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

API Troubles -- Part 2

Jeremy H.
Pro
Sheet Author
Looks like the issue has arisen again with the same aforementioned games. It worked fine Saturday yet nothing has been working yesterday or today. I'm not understanding what the issue is as it seemed it was fixed, then it continued again. Are there updates going on to the API section that I'm unaware of? Because the reason it's glitching out isn't making any sense.

Edited 1421772210
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hi, Jeremy can you go into detail on what's happening. Are you getting a spinning up message or some other error. Is anything showing up in the console log? Also, is this a campaign on Dev or Main?
Jeremy H.
Pro
Sheet Author
Like before, the API has no "Spinning new sandbox" message, in fact nothing appears in the API Output Console even when the scripts were working. Only once have I gotten an "infinite loop" error on the API when checking it, but when I disabled/reenabled it still didn't work and the error disappeared. This has always been happening on the main site as the Dev server runs this stuff fine. This was my last forum post on the issue in case any previous info can help with the matter.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Anything being generated in the console log? Can I get a screen shot of the API screen not working?
Jeremy H.
Pro
Sheet Author
This has been like that for about 30 minutes now. As for the script being used: on("change:graphic", function(obj) { if(obj.get("bar1_max") === "") return; if(obj.get("bar1_value") <= obj.get("bar1_max") / 2) { obj.set({ status_redmarker: true }); } else{ obj.set({ status_redmarker: false }) } if(obj.get("bar1_value") <= 0) { obj.set({ status_dead: true }); } else { obj.set({ status_dead: false }); } });
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Step 4 talks about how to supply a console log. Can you provide that? I take it you're in your game actively at the same time you're trying to refresh the API?
Jeremy H.
Pro
Sheet Author
Steve K. said: Step 4 talks about how to supply a console log. Can you provide that? I take it you're in your game actively at the same time you're trying to refresh the API? Yes, I typically am because my second script I downloaded recently is a small one that has a /desc pop up that says "API Started" due to the error that I've been receiving, so I've been keeping it to know when the code is working. As for the console log, would you like me to take it from while I'm in the game, or at the API page?
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
API page first.
Jeremy H.
Pro
Sheet Author
This error popped up when I opened up the console. Not sure if this is the issue, but I hope it helps.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Jeremy, can you PM me a link to your campaign?
Jeremy H.
Pro
Sheet Author
Steve K. said: Jeremy, can you PM me a link to your campaign? Got it. Just as a heads up, the API was working earlier today and suddenly stopped working later on.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I took a look at it and found the API crashed. I restarted the API and it spun up correctly and was working fine. Let me know if you're still having issues.
Jeremy H.
Pro
Sheet Author
It's working fine for now, but it has crashed after working again. I'd give it a few days before saying for sure that the issue is resolved this time around.

Edited 1421961427
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Im having an issue that popped up a few days ago with the API acting weird...not sure if its related. I was getting the same no reply of starting or anything on saves or joining the game after timing out. Now I seem to have 2 copies of mine running. on joining game I get 2 "Spinning up new sandbox..." replies. I disabled every script, but I still have each one firing like its on. if I enable them, and I do any !commands I get double results in chat. Editing my script and gives me 2 results: one with the new changes, and one without.
Jeremy H.
Pro
Sheet Author
Steve K. said: I took a look at it and found the API crashed. I restarted the API and it spun up correctly and was working fine. Let me know if you're still having issues. This did not resolve the issue. The issue is still going on, and it seems like it fixes the issues for a few days, then goes back to glitching.
I have been having the same issue off and on as well, and now 8 mins to game time and nothing is working.
Last night for some reason the API was running like my 1959 VW beetle, chugging, stopping flat out dieing we were able to jump start it every time, but very strange behavior from 7 until 12 EST. We put it down to just high volume, when I went back on later to do some work it was running fine.

Edited 1422206142
Riley D.
Roll20 Team
We're aware of the issues with the API. I'll be making it a priority to look into all of this first thing Monday morning. I should note that there are something like 300 games that used the API in the last 24 hours and the majority worked fine, but we are definitely seeing some issues, especially with the "double API running" thing. I also think we probably need to start running another full API server to handle the load (there were around 100+ games last night running concurrently using the API last night and that's more than we've ever handled before). I'll update you guys next week as we roll out fixes.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
API Bugfix Update . Please post there for further assistance.