Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

roll to damage if hit

is ther a way of only rolling to damage if a hit i scored  my cruent attack macro is: snorri attacks with a flurry of blows /roll d100 <65 /roll 2d10d1+7 /roll d100 <65 /roll 2d10d1+7
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
not at this moment with the standard roller but the api being worked on in the dev server might hold the key if someone writes a script for it. Give it some time and see if one of the other mentors will read you question and post an answer.
thanks is there also a way to count degrees of success ie evry full 10 away the tn
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
I don't know but a mod, dev, or another person will be by sooner or later that can answer that. Sorry that I can't be of more help.
Gauss
Forum Champion
There is no current method to count degrees of success. Perhaps someone will make an API script for it. :) - Gauss
thanks guys
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Yes this would be easy.  But one problem with the API right now.  Until Riley gives us access to the Roll20 dice mechanics within the API we can use a method that is not supposed to be very random (compared to Roll20's methods).  We can output dice commands to the chat window as well as intercept get result from dice rolling commands, but I'm not up on doing that. One way I might tackle the problem would be to write a chat window command script.  So you would type in the chat window (or later make a macro of course) ! and then some commands and your dice rolls.  The script would roll the attack itself and figure out if it hit and by how much.  Then it would send a message to the chat window to roll the damage dice and also tell you you hit and by how much. Really anything is possible.  You can get stats from character sheets, info from tokens, etc.  I made a stop watch out of a token.  I used the three bubbles to display hours, minutes, seconds.  Then had three macros to stop it, restart it, and start it for 30 seconds or whatever you want.  And I'm just a newbie at javascript.  There are some guys that really know what they are doing in the API forum.  You might go there and detail exactly what you want or what system you are using and maybe someone will choose to write a script for it.  I might, but right now I'm doing three different scripts, one for Edge of the Empire RPG for someone. What I really want is access to the dice rolling of Roll20 so I can make any kind of dice I want and then output them to the chat window formatted in any way I want.
I just create a macro with to hit roll followed by damage roll for my players. If they miss, ignore the damage roll. If it is a hit, no need to wait on a roll. Roll20 made the table, the least I can do is the math.
I'd love to see some if / then logic built into macros.   It would help with loads of things including the likes of auto-rolling additional hit dmg.  It would be hugely valuable.
Hey Konrad!  Have you asked for the dice mechanics to be available?  Or is there some reason they'd like to keep them close to the vest?
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Gary L. said: Hey Konrad!  Have you asked for the dice mechanics to be available?  Or is there some reason they'd like to keep them close to the vest? Riley has mentioned in a previous post that he is thinking about it.  I get the feeling its something he will be doing, but he has a lot on his plate all the time! :)  So we just need to be patient with new stuff.  I think they are working on Card deck stuff next, but hopefully some more API stuff.  Either is good I think!
This API script compares a roll total vs. a target number and give you amount you succeeded or failed by. It might be able to do what you want or give you a jumping off point to create your own. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/150221/script-roll-comparisons" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/150221/script-roll-comparisons</a>