Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Total newbie L5R player, extremely flexible schedule, needs group+GM

I just got ahold of a few 4E Five Rings books, and I'd love to get into the system. I love the setting and the really heavy focus on sticking to etiquette, following tradition, working for the good of your clan, all that jazz. I think I'd like it a lot better than most D&D games I've played. Only problem is, most of my current group aren't very into the social aspect of RPGs, so they don't really have much interest. So, I need a side group to play with. While I'd be perfectly willing to GM some small games myself, as I said I just got the books and haven't even fully learned all the rules, so I'd need someone willing GM. I'd also need people who are very patient with newbies, because learning all the rules/clan names/schools/history and all sorts of other stuff is... quite a tall order, and I'd definitely wanna be eased into it. I'd also like to keep the number of players small, since I just don't particularly like big groups regardless of system. Like, 3-4 PCs is plenty in my opinion. However, if a prospective GM would rather run a large game, I can't exactly be picky.
Halfway down second page. I'll assume it's safe to bump now.

Edited 1422424272
It's been ages since I had an L5R game, myself. I'm only free on Sundays, but if that's okay, I've got this one ronin shugenja I can dust off. My last game fell apart before that character could get off the ground, and it seems like a shame to let it go to waste. EDIT: Alternatively, I've got the book about the minor clans, and I wouldn't mind trying out a Sparrow character...
Hm. Sunday nights are the designated game night for my other group, but if we do it earlier in the day it might be fine. Of course, given the general lack of interest, it looks like this probably won't happen period but oh well.