Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

What Scripts Are You Working On?

Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
It seems kinda dead around here.  Anyone working on anything?  I just finished my timer.  Need to finish up the Edge of the Empire Dice.  Then I want to get back to my Car Wars scripts.  Stuck on rotating from any corner.  I've got the math, but things aren't working quite right yet. I had an idea for movement waypoints as well, but no time. We should have somewhere we can go to to see a list of finished scripts users have done.  Maybe on the wiki? I also wanted to create a wiki page for things users new to Javascript and the API should know.  I've got a bunch written up, just need time to flesh it out better.
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
I'm still working on my 4e Help script here and there but its taking a back seat to me playing 4e for once.
I have two more chat commands to add to my [Simple 4e] scripts and then I'm gonna tackle an initiative notification script. After that, I have to wait for API commands that allow me to manipulate card decks. Then I'll be done with scripting. 
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
HoneyBadger said: I have two more chat commands to add to my [Simple 4e] scripts and then I'm gonna tackle an initiative notification script. After that, I have to wait for API commands that allow me to manipulate card decks. Then I'll be done with scripting.  I'm in a similar position I am waiting for access to the roll engine for a lot of things.
i wrote a simple script that snaps non-square or non-grid dimensioned tokens to the grid...  So's I can do... THIS!  (test image-- I've plagiarized some artwork... I'll be making my own shortly... hopefully for the marketplace.)
Designing a laser light show with my simplified 'animation' sequencer. Not looking so good right now, but that's not my codes problem ;)
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Jonathan S. said: i wrote a simple script that snaps non-square or non-grid dimensioned tokens to the grid...  So's I can do... THIS!  (test image-- I've plagiarized some artwork... I'll be making my own shortly... hopefully for the marketplace.) Interesting idea.  The token looks really nice.  So you are making it so the base always sits centred on a one unit I'm guessing?
Konrad J. said: [snip] Interesting idea.  The token looks really nice.  So you are making it so the base always sits centred on a one unit I'm guessing? Yeah.  The token gets an offset (which, unfortunately has to be done every change event after you resize the token because of the annoying auto-squaring.)  Then they just get nudged slightly by the difference to the grid. Needs a different script, though, for hex grids. I'm making map building tiles that are a bit axonometric, too.  I just don't like staring top down at giant pogs with faces :P
Konrad J.
Pro
API Scripter
Jonathan S. said: Konrad J. said: [snip] Interesting idea.  The token looks really nice.  So you are making it so the base always sits centred on a one unit I'm guessing? Yeah.  The token gets an offset (which, unfortunately has to be done every change event after you resize the token because of the annoying auto-squaring.)  Then they just get nudged slightly by the difference to the grid. Needs a different script, though, for hex grids. I'm making map building tiles that are a bit axonometric, too.  I just don't like staring top down at giant pogs with faces :P When you get a chance post a screen capture of a few of your tokens on a nice map in action.  I'd love to see how it looks.
I just got the first version of a time/torch duration script working, more or less. It was inspired by Riley's Light Is Closing In. I'll post a link to the script in a new thread.