Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Palladium Megaverse Character Sheet

I have recently joined a group playing Dead Reign, a Palladium Megaverse game. During character creation and our first session of play I notice a few small items that would be useful for the community character sheet. After a little investigation I figured out how to manage custom character sheets and made the tweeks I thought would be useful (at least in the very short term). I have made a pull request in GitHub with the changes. I will duplicate the changes I have made here in hopes of the author (John W.) finding them and concurring with them on GitHub. All changes and additions were made to the HTML code. 1. Changed the diamond question mark symbol after Megaverse to a © symbol. This occurs in lines 1 and 1089. 2. Added text input blocks for Level and Experience; text input was used vice number input due to the visibility restrictions applied to the number box (only three digits would be visible and experience will quickly enter 4 or more digits. These additions can be found at lines 33 through 40. 3. Added "Principled" tho the available alignment options in the drop down menu as it was inconveniently missing. Taoist (Nuetral?) was also moved above the evil alignments to show a transition. This addition and change can be found at lines 45 and 49. 4. Added a die roller to tab 4 (skills) to allow for easy skill checks. This universal roller asks for the skill name and rating then returns and success or failure (a 1 or 0). It also states which skill is being attempted in the chat window. This addition can be found at line 493. I commented about all of these on GitHub except the alignment items mentioned in item 3 above. Thank you for your consideration of these changes and for designing this sheet to begin with. I will likely think of other changes that might be nice, but these would certainly make things a bit better immediately.
Made all adjustments except for roll. Made pull request. I have a nortoriously hard time with Github, so don't expect instant changes. I am not finding the sheet in the branch of the Github one my personal computer. So...I went through the website. We'll see if it works.
Out of curiosity is there something about the roller you do not like? I thought it would be pretty handy to not have to make a macro every time you join a new campaign. Is there some thing you think it should have? I like to use the roll templates, but I was working more towards what was currently available for the basic users. Not sure if you noticed at GitHub, but I also added some calculations for the Run data. It will save people from having to find the formulas and then keep them from making math errors. Let me know what you think. I plan to continue to tinker and hopefully you see these as the improvements you were hoping for.
Not actually seeing the changes. Did you do a pull request to get the files on github updated? The point of github is to collaborate on html/css files. Its designed for anyone to make necessary changes. If you can make the changes (know enough about coding html and css), do so. It will be faster than waiting for some one else to fix it. If you can't- or don't have the time to-, ask some one else to do so. The changes may not be to your exact liking, but that's the price of some one else doing the work. Important note: any changes require a pull request before they can be added to Github. And they have to be manually approved by the developers (a task that takes time, a magic eight ball, and a particularly uncommon brand of coffee). After they are approved, they will appear on Github. Once there, a time more time will pass (no more than a few days, I think), and it will reflect on roll20. No part of this process is instant. Especially considering the difficulty in getting good coffee.

Edited 1422642030
Phillip G.
Sheet Author
Ok, looks like I went about it a slight bit backward. I made a branch first instead of requesting the pull. Having looked at yours I have an idea what needs to be done. I will take another look later today. and see where things are. If I can figure it I will add in the change for the roller. You should be able to see my pull request. it is titled Create Minor Update to HTML . I now notice that I did not understand how to bring in a previous file and show changes, thus my pull request shows all new lines vice changes.
Closed my pull request; hopefully, it doesn't go through and interfere with your improvments.
Closed my previous pull request and submitted a new one with all the above changes and more. This time I edited the file and then submitted the pull. Request review by John W. and subsequent import by the Devs. Thank you all for such great work.

Edited 1423513771
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
It appears to be in Roll20. At least, I can see the rolls that were added. Edit: good work. It is good when people see an issue, and fix it on their own. Seriously, good work.
Thanks. It's nice to know when your efforts are appreiciated.
I'm unfortunately unfamiliar with coding, and editing character sheets on Roll20, so I have to note this here. I'm running into a problem with the character sheet in which I try to add a weapon under combat and weapon proficiencies, and it continuously deletes the added weapon. I was able to add the first weapon, but any time I try to add a second weapon, it deletes it. Thanks for the help.
Phillip G. already found that issue, and submitted a fix for it . Good catch, and no worries 'cuz he's all over it.
Should be fixed the next time the run updates. Thanks for speaking up though. I really wasn't sure anyone was using the character sheet. Other than that issue, how do you feel about the changes that have been made?
i like the sheet, i do use it for my Palladium Fantasy campaign, wish it could do Skill check rolls and have a place to input incremental percantage increases for them.. plus Rolls for initiative with proper adjustments and such. Hoping the sheet evolves over time, Im also getting ready to use it for a Dead Reign campaign
It's one of the first time I'm using character sheets on the app, so I'm really just glad that there IS one for the Palladium system. Thanks for keeping it updated!
The sheet should already incorporate the initiative rolls. As for the adjustments, you have to enter that value in the Hand to Hand Combat section (I set it up that way so you only had to put it in in one place.) I think I can make the skills tab mirror what I corrected with the ancient and modern weapons. I will look into including a roller with each skill as well as a couple more blocks to provide space to put level increments.
Update submitted for skills tab: I left the universal roller for situations that might call for it, but added a roller to each skill that automatically grabs the skill name and rating. The individual rollers do not ask for situational modifiers, use the universal if you need to change your target value. Let me know if this is what you were looking for Tim W.
Wow. yea.. way cool. make it way better for my players, and for Statting NPcs.
This sheet should be showing the updates mentioned above. While I am not currently utilizing the sheet, if you desire any particular changes, please do not hesitate to post the request here.
It appears that on the Combat tab - initiative does a .x addition where x is the bonus... ie +3 bonus comes out as D20 roll value .3 i.e. 14.3 Also, none of the combat rolls work, with or without bonuses or situational bonus. Great start, and I'm looking forward to filling out the other 'pages'. My GM & I are just happy there IS a PB sheet!
The initiative roller is designed to do this. It allows for proper sorting within the tracker in the instance that two characters have the same total initiative. It will then sort based on the bonus of each. For instance; two player's each roll 15 for their initiative, but player 1 has a bonus of 2 while player 2 has a bonus of 3. Thus, 15.2 and 15.3 respectively and when sorted in the tracker, player 2 has the higher initiative. I have reviewed the combat rollers for the Hand to Hand section and it was an erroneous omission of double close brackets within many of the roller formulas. This has been corrected and a pull request has been submitted. Thanks for the heads up and let me know if you see anything else. I will probably begin work on roll templates some time in the future.

Edited 1426907733
We eventually figured that was the case - and with the many combat-bunnies we have in our group, that .X is perfect to stop roll-offs. Ccan you assist/look at the Skills page of this Char Sheet - I enter OCC Skills - all goes well. But it copies all those skills to Elective and Secondary - and if you edit the skill in Elective or Secondary, it also changes the value/entry in the OCC section & vice versa. Same if you delete an entry in Elec/Secondary - it is deleted in the OCC section once you click on another section tab (Combat, Equip, etc) or reload the sheet. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Edited 1426994081
Phillip G.
Sheet Author
Sounds like an issue with the way the repeating skill item is coded. I'll take a look at soon. Thanks for letting me know about the issue. Also, you should be seeing the hand to hand corrections soon, the most recent update has been merged.
Also, I cannot figure out how to reorder the attributes.

Edited 1427040210
Phillip G.
Sheet Author
Which attributes do you desire to reorder? I'm not sure if that is possible outside of the coding for the character sheet. I have added a designation to each repeating skill item to differentiate between the types of skills. In my testing this cleared up the issue you noted. Please let me know if you continue to see this problem after the next push.
for the attributes, for some reason a couple of the char attributes (IQ, etc) didn't save; when I re-entered them, they're not anywhere near their stat-type fellows. Approx when will be the next push? Still learning the site/system update frequency.
Next push is likely to be a week or more away. I just requested the pull that will merge the changes. The Devs will probably merge the changes some time during the week and the changes will probably go live near the end of the week or at the latest when ever they do server maintenance. I have found that that is usually weekly or every two weeks at the latest. I have no idea about the attributes. They are coded to be in a table and should not move around. If it happens again, I would recommend reloading your campaign window and if it is still a problem, close and reopen your browser. Sorry I can't do more than that.
Looking for this thread, I stumbled upon this one , where William R posted the code for a rifts sheet. I am not at all ashamed to say its look a ton better than what I first created (current improvements not withstanding). I haven't seen the improvements done to the sheet since- I don't play the game- but on the off chance this thread had gone unnoticed, I figured I would link it here. Maybe there is something that can be snagged from one an added to the other. Anyway, It looked cool and I thought I was add a little extra visiblity to it.
I noticed Palladium sheets had been worked on recently. Which is awesome I like the new updates. Though, the new update wiped the character sheets clean that I had done.. And then when I attempted to re-enter the info, it copied the skills from one group to another different one. If I scaled one group down, it deleted that duplicate skill from all the groups.
I just checked and the palladium sheet skills tab should be working as intended. There was an issue with the repeating blocks having the same attribute name, but this was corrected in the most recent update. Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues with the sheet. Took a quick look at William R's sheet and it looks awesome! Didn't dive into it and check for rollers and such, but I wouldn't be opposed to taking a look into combining the two at some point in the future. With regard to the Megaverse sheet, I tried to stay away from specific Rifts nomenclature so that the sheet would feel more universal to Palladium games..
Still not quite working as they should. Though it's close.. The Style notes for Martial Arts isn't saving as it should. Though the skills are currently saving where they should. :
Has there been any headway on having vehicle sheets in general, or mecha sheets in specific with Roll20? We're getting a Robotech game started, and we're trying to figure out how we're going to do mecha in the interface.