Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Mounted PCs

So, I was finalizing making my group's tokens for placing them on mounts after I finished the script to automatically resize their tokens to large when mounted, and I got to thinking. How do other people handle mounted PCs? Do you just set a statusmarker to show them as being mounted? Do you have them with a rollable table, with a dismounted, and mounted side? I'm actually quite curious on this.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
(Coconuts, totally Coconuts... ) =D
Hehe. I was wondering about it because no one really ever discusses it. Since I make all the tokens for my group, I spent a lot of time making the mounted tokens to match dismounted, and really wondered how other people do it. For example, the druid in my group looks like so dismounted: And looks like this mounted: I just got to wondering how everyone else really handles it, if they even do. I know we like to run with mounted/dismounted because it adds another dimension to gameplay for our players, and one the DM has to account for when setting up encounters in the wilderness.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
The PCs in my game dismount before wading into combat. I don't bother (yet) with status markers showing mounted or not. Also, I use portrait-style pogs, so changing poses isn't really something my players are into.
B Simon Smith
Marketplace Creator
I made horse tokens (portrait) which were 2x1. Generally my players would just put their characters and horses occupying the same space, and move them simultaneously.