Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Languages Macro

Ok, I have a specific use question regarding using character sheets to message different characters who speak multiple languages. I have character sheets for the dwarf in my game who speaks Dwarvish, Orcish, etc.. I put those sheets for the languages he speaks in his journal. Then I made this macro: /w ?{Language?|Dwarvish} ?{Say Something|"blah,blah"} /em @{selected|token_name} is babbling in ?{Language?} So, whoever has the "Dwarvish" character sheet in his journal can read the message, but the other characters just get the emote that the character is speaking in that language. My question is, will this macro work, even if the language character sheets are archived, or do they have to be visible in the player's journal? It's just easier from an organizational standpoint to have those character sheets out of sight, not cluttering up the player's journal. Does anyone know the answer to this?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I don't know for certain, but it seems like it would be easy enough to test it... =D
Yeah, I just didn't want to take up game time for something like that.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Just tried it Gozer. It still works if the language sheet is archived. :-)
Thanks Vince!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
NP Gozer. Adding a language sheet was one of those things on my ToDo list. I'm not sure how often I would actually use it, but the fact that you can archive the sheet makes it non-intrusive. Have fun.