Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Player, looking to get your feet wet? Pathfinder One-shot. Feb 5, 6:00 CST

Edit: That's 6:00 PM Central Time (GMT -5 I believe) Hey folks Got an older system I'm going to be taking down soon, so I thought I'd throw a going-away game for it. This is the perfect time for new players to get a chance to play. Which doesn't mean you can't play if you've played before, just that I will give new players preference. Character sheets, and a few pre-gens, are available. Or I can help you roll up a new character, or import one from your Mythweavers account. There are a couple scenarios available already, and if those don't pique your interest we can always generate something randomly. Don't expect anything too complicated, however; this will be a combat-oriented game, mostly, but of course playing in-character makes it a LOT more fun. Sign up here for the link; I'll probably be onsite early to answer questions and whatever. See y'all then! -Phnord the Bored Pathfinder Lord, looking towards fighting a hoard with sword-and-board.
Is it starting 6:00 pm or am?
My apologies. 6:00 PM.
Alright, thanks for clearing that up. I knda thought it would've been PM but it's better off asking.
I've never played a tabletop RPG to be honest and I'm looking for somewhere to start, I've got a very vague idea of how things work but I learn quickly, would I be able to play?
Sean S: Absolutely! Show up a little early and I'll gladly help you get set up. I will be sending links out about an hour before the official start time. Meanwhile, look over this and think about what type of character you'd like to play as. Don't worry too much about the numbers and such, as most of that will be taken care of by Roll20 and my 'system'. Concentrate on the bigger concepts, like how gaming works and the differences between the different character types (aka "classes"). All the Pathfinder Rules. All of them. Every of the rules. At least, all the ones I use; I don't like third-party stuff. I also, like most GMs, have a few house rules, but again, don't worry too much about those, we'll discuss them before the game starts. Most of all, remember Rule One: We're here to have fun! -Phnord

Edited 1423150717
Hey man I'm a new player, I haven't created a character yet but I have an overactive imagination so I should be able to create one haha, I am in GMT so what time will you be starting? ALSO where can I go about starting a new character? do I need sheets etc? EDIT: Ok, after lookming through that link, i will be needing help with my character haha.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Pathfinder is nice in that Paizo has all their material online. Sometimes feats will have different names, but everything is there. It makes it very easy to get someone into the system, or put together character-specific handbooks for games. This is why Pathfinder is one of my favorite systems. :> I hope you guys have fun!
Hey, I'm totally new to pathfinder and would like to have my first game as a one shot. I've played a bit of( a one shot and so pre-game stuff) D&D 5e before but not to much past lvl 1. I'll have to read over the rules and such but I think I'll have em down in time. I would like to take a look at the pre gen sheets to see if theres anything I like before I make my own character.
I live in Texas, so it's 6pm Central time. I believe that's -5 GMT, which means it'll be 11pm for you. A typical game of this type takes about an hour to get everyone settled in and ready to play... mostly because people come unprepared and like to chat a lot before getting started! Once it starts, it can continue indefinitely... the primary scenario I have in mind should take about two hours to complete, give or take. The secondary one could take a lot longer, as it's more open-ended and unlikely to be completed in one sitting. The alternative plan is to make up something almost completely random, and will continue until everybody gets bored (or all the characters are dead!) If you decide to leave early, that's ok, nobody will mind too much. I myself will stick around until we're all done, however long that takes. If you would like to make a character sheet ahead of time, my preferred method is to use Myth-Weavers . It doesn't do anything but give you somewhere to record your character info, but it has slots for almost everything you'd want to record. There will be in-game character sheets, an older design of mine based on Sam's current Pathfinder system with a few modifications. It's not as pretty as his new system, but it works. We will be rolling up statistics in-game, probably using the 4d6k3 system, so don't get too involved in the specifics... and if you don't know what 4d6k3 means, don't worry... I'll explain everything you need to know! Basically, don't worry about coming up with a complete character yet. Stick to the basics... what class do you want to play? Wizard, warrior, thief, cleric? Something else? What race? What type of person is your character... where do they come from, what do they want out of life, how do they go about getting it? Once you have this sort of thing figured out, the rest comes really easily, believe it or not. Jot down some notes as you read through the rules. Think about characters you've liked, from books, movies, TV shows, whatever, and think about WHY you liked them. Be willing to improvise stuff, but have a good idea of what type of character you want before we begin, and things will work themselves out. As far as gear is concerned, you'll have whatever you need for a basic start... for example, if you want to play an archer, you'll have a bow and arrows. If you want to be a knight, you'll have armor and weapons. If you're a wizard, you'll have your spellbook and maybe a wand or two. I'm very generous in this way, but don't go crazy... none of it will be magical, and your character won't be rich! But they will have everything they need to do what they do, within reason. Again, remember Rule One and it'll all be good! -Phnord
Awesome! i should be about then, i am out tonight but should be on for 11, if im not dont wait around i dont want to hold up the game haha
I will accept any of the pregenerated characters from the Paizo website. They can be downloaded from here, but it does require you to sign up (free account) to download them. EDIT: We will probably be playing with Level 1 characters. We may possibly use level 4 instead. Level 7 is right out. The acceptable character classes are: Barbarian Bard Cleric Druid Fighter Monk Paladin Ranger Rogue Sorcerer Wizard Pregenerated Characters
i would like to join please
hey i would like to join the campaign tonight please :)
Um, not sure how I'm supposed to join the game if its still on. Is it a room u will open at 6 or have you sent out pm's?
Christian it will start in two hours
I would like to join i have a decent amount of experience in fith edition took a rogue from level one to seven but never have done pathfinder
Howdy all... glad to see so many responses. Looks like we've got ourselves an Adventuring Team for tonight! Sean S. Bearded O. Christian G. Oliver K. andrew p. Edit: Additional player: Josh C. All of y'all will be receiving invitations shortly by private message with a link by which to find the game. Follow that link, then click the "Launch Campaign" button on the left to actually enter the game. When you have done so, I will be able to give you access to your character sheet. We will discuss how everything works as we go. Hope to see y'all there! PS: At the moment, we have six players signed up. As this is approximately the ideal number, I will not be adding any more UNLESS someone drops out or fails to show. PPS: Alluring Arcane, were you interested in joining? If so, I'll save you a seat. Thanks again for all your interest, everyone! -Phnord