Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need help, linked attributes are not working.

Edited 1423394977
Hello guys, I have some character sheet and attribute linking questions. The game system I am talking about is Call of Cthulhu. I am currently linking the red bar to HP, it is as follows: <td> <input class="secondary-attr-input" placeholder="current" type="text" min="0" name="attr_hp"> </td> <td style="text-align: center">/</td> <td> <input class="secondary-attr-input" placeholder="max" type="number" min="0" name="attr_hp_max" value="floor((@{con}+@{siz})/2)" disabled="true"> </td> </tr> <tr> The above successfully links the current HP and maximum HP and will retain these values when the linked token is copied and pasted on another page. This is in sanity's case: <input class="secondary-attr-input" placeholder="current" type="text" min="0" name="attr_san"> </td> <td> <button type='roll' value='/em rolls Sanity [[1d100]]<@{san}.' name='roll_san_check' /> </td> <td style="text-align: center">/</td> <td colspan="2"> <input class="secondary-attr-input" type="number" min="0" name="attr_san_max" placeholder="max" value="99-@{cthulhu_mythos}" disabled="true"> </td> </tr> This one does not retain the maximum attribute and whenever I copy and paste characters on another page the maximum value vanishes from the link and has to be reset manually again. Is there something wrong with this? The character sheet is is using the same model like the one that was publicly available for the 7th edition of CoC. The funny thing is that for some reason, once I link the attribute for it to gain the values, and unlink it, it copies over to another page properly. The downside is that the character sheet attributes are not updated.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Is it possible that there is a name conflict on the sheet? Possibly with an NPC section that has an attribute with an identical name?

Edited 1423648632
I checked the character sheet thoroughly, There does not seem to be anything conflicting with it unless this NPC section is something I do not know of. The HP and MP ones that I use (same template) show their maximum values and carry them over properly, which is strange.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Maybe I'm not understanding your question. Your issue is that when you link a token to a character with the CoC 7th Edition sheet, when you copy that token from one page to another it loses the max values (but only the max values) of the linked attribute?
That is exactly my problem. This only seems to happen with sanity and not HP and MP, and It also happens on the same page when copied and pasted. I tested the unedited original 7th edition sheet from the drop down list and it still has the same problem. I currently edited the san_max to max_san to avoid it being detected automatically and I just manually input the maximum value after the current attribute has been linked.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
I just tried this out and had no issues. Are you sure you have the token properly representing the character?
I resolved the problem, turns out I had not properly linked the token using the "use selected token". Now all of the maximum values are being shown properly. Thank you for your help, sorry I made you waste time with a problem that did not exist.
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Haha, I'm glad it's working for you now.