Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Rollable token/Multiple Character Sheets and Macros

Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
As the title somewhat suggests i'm interested to know whether or not (and i'll point out immediately that i'm not confident it is possible) i could have a rollable table with various tokens in it which i could use as a default token on more than one character sheet and still use macro's but that would call on the right sheet for the side of a token... Implementation: My plan is to create a table for a druid in my campaign, she is planning to be very shape shifting heavy and currently has a couple of character sheets (human and wolf form) each with their own token. The table would have all of the tokens she can potentially change into as sides of her default token which could then be quickly and easily changed when the shape shift occurs. However since the stats change for each form there needs to be a different character sheet for each which means if the default token was the same for them all any macros that call on those sheets wouldn't know which data set to use... right? As i said, i'm pretty sure this can't be done on the face of it and a simple, manual, swap one token for the other when she shifts will probably be the best way forwards... but who knows, maybe there is an API solution to this or a non-API step i'm missing from my through process. Thanks for any opinions, criticisms, thinly veiled threats or snide remarks about my intelligence. Z
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
One of the ToDo items on The Aaron's list is a companion to TokenMod that would change the character sheet from macros like you can change the token from macros. That'd allow for a macro to shapeshift the druid and apply all the needed stat changes, so you'd only need the one character journal. That doesn't help you in the here and now, but it's goof to be aware of the possibility in the future. Here & Now... TableAsToken can be linked to /a/ sheet, but I am 99.99% sure it can't be linked to multiple sheets. I don't know of any existing 'token swap' APIs... oh, I am an idiot . Use one of the Summon Monster scripts and treat the shapeshifted form as a summonable creature? You'd have to move the playerpog to the GM layer and back again, but Aaron's TokenMod can do that for you :>
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Pretty much as i expected, thanks for confirming GenKitty, Aaron really needs to focus on script writing rather than sleep/eating etc! Love the summoning idea though, save all that pesky dragging from a journal entry nonsense :)
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Look on the bright side, Aaron's in a position to create an army of code-minions over the next 5-10 years (make those kids be useful!) , and then we should see amazing progress on his script todo list! ^_-
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've already told him to write a script writing script... although i do worry that that is how skynet is born...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
*cough* *cough*.. actually... You can do the representation with the TokenMod script. Just have a macro for change with the appropriate command: !token-mod --set represents|@{DruidFromBear|character_id} !token-mod --set represents|@{Druid|character_id} The part the API can't do currently is change the side. =( I have a large portion of a druid script written (which automates switching between druid forms, setting up sheets for druid forms from a base, switching back as 0 hit points with carryover for extra damage, etc.) but ran into the road block that switching the side number on the Rollable Table Token does not update the imgsrc. =( You could do something with having multiple tokens and writing a little API script to swap out the position and visibility of a token when shape shifting occurs...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
GenKitty said: Look on the bright side, Aaron's in a position to create an army of code-minions over the next 5-10 years (make those kids be useful!) , and then we should see amazing progress on his script todo list! ^_- And yeah, I've started them out on Javascript.. =D
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've purchased Javascript: The Good Parts... and now i doubt my ability to read english...
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Uh-oh.... PM me if you need any help with it. I'm happy to get on a google chat if you want to discuss parts ad nauseam ... =D
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Latin i'm fine with, it's wrapping my head round strings, enumeration and arrays when i've only got a very very very basic (very!) knowledge of any of the coding languages thats the killer... I may be in touch sometime lol.