Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Do you have to run API scripts on a copy?

I try to get a script running on my campaign but nothing at all happens. The API console window stays empty and the chat commands to start it go unresponded. On a copy of my Campaign the same script runs fine, but not the original. So, do I actually have to run API scripts on a copy, or is there something I'm missing?
If the campaign is old enough it won't be on the one server that has the API enabled so yes, in your case you need to copy the campaign and use the copy for doing API scripting (I was affected by this as well)
That explains it... thanks
Ooooh, that explains it!  I had the same problem and just figured I was doing something wrong. Thanks, Eric. :)
I guess it would help if once you click on API it shows you in big letters that it doesn't work on this server, and you have to copy it, instead of showing you the script editor. Or just enable the API on all the servers. I mean why isn't it anyway?
We're working on that. Next week or so.