Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5e Sneak attack inline help please

Hello, I am having some issues with my dice rolling. "/roll [[ceil(@{selected|rogue_level}/2)]]d6" will roll the correct number of dice for my rogues sneak attack. Everything is great. However I'm trying to get it to evaluate inline so I can use the API power card. When I remove the /roll all I get is a printed result of "xd6" The x is the correct number but no role. I think I'm falling foul of the nesting / bracket order here but I can't figure out where. I've moved the d6 inside the brackets and messed around for the last hour and I can't get it to work. Help?
I use the following: !power --name|@{character_name}'s Sneak Attack --Damage|[[(@{rogue_level}/2)d6]] The key is that there is no need to use floor/ceil in most cases because when placed in front of a "d" it will automatically round the number. So for something that increases on even levels you simply divide/2. Hope it helps!

Edited 1424319463
Si
Pro
It does. Thank you very much. Totally doesn't solve my confusion but it works for what I need and stops my brain hurting for now at least so top job my friend! Cheers!