Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

FFG:SW Minion Group Wound Handling, How do you fellas do it?

Edited 1425187285
A laborious task as a FFG:GM using traditional journal/character tokens for minions, is that if one mob gets shot, the rest of the group records that damage. Now FFG does say it's a wound pool for the minion group, say 4 minions in the group each with 6 wound. 24 total. I play each minion of the group as a hybrid rule, it makes little sense for the guy they aren't shooting at to take damage or even die. I don't create 4 individual characters for those mobs, I use an unassigned strain threshold bar counting up to track damage on minions and or rivals. Bar1 Wound, Bar2 Unassigned (strain for players and nemesis) , Bar3 Soak, Is what I have to assign to every minion token I place, it's a slight shortcut. But, what do you fellows do? Aside RIP Spock.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'm not familiar with the system at hand, so I'll only touch on the group health pool aspect. Create a character journal for the mob type, set the HP to be the health for the whole group (in your example, 4*6=24, so 24 HP) and follow the instructions here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journal" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journal</a>... however when you reach step #5 do not unlink the health attribute . By leaving it linked, damage to one mob is reflected on all mobs.
"I play each minion of the group as a hybrid rule, it makes little sense for the guy they aren't shooting at to take damage or even die." In FFG:SW, main tracking stats are wounds (hp), strain (physical endurance), and armor (additional difficulty dice), in my intro games I use soak in the third bar. Easy reference for a GM. Soak (damage reduction), in my opinion, should be tracked by players, as in a properly formal game they should compute it and subtract damage they receive. Minion groups in FFG are multiple mobs who as a whole are most effective, having one initiative, and they all follow the one maneuver and one action rule. They maneuver and action as a whole. But, as their numbers diminish, they lose their combat effectiveness.