Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Is there a way to delete my image library and/or reset it?

No text; title says it all. Couldn't find anything on point in the forums. Have a few hundred images and trying to clean out; don't want to have to delete from scratch.

Edited 1425362950
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Ben. Open your image library, select the first image, the "selected assets pop-up" will have an option to "select all", then use the Delete Selected button in the same window. Haven't tried it myself... goodluck. Cheers
Doesn't appear to work - get page connectivity errors. Thanks for the idea though, hopefully there is a way to do this :)
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Ben said: Doesn't appear to work - get page connectivity errors. Thanks for the idea though, hopefully there is a way to do this :) That sucks. If you haven't done so, I suggest posting in the Bug Reports & Technical Issues . You may have found an issue that Roll20 needs to address.

Edited 1425409108
Hm. I have simpler questions about cleanup. I mostly make my own -for lack of a easy to find theme appropriate alternatives- ,and realized Roll20 is archiving images no longer in use. 1) Is there a way to query what links to a image? (I've 2 or 3 variations of the same images as I'd assumed Roll20 handled it's own cleanup or overwrote images with the same file name. oops.) 2) Is there a way to download the image? I'd suffered some hard-ware problems recently and lost some the original .xcf image files. Being able to retrieve the end-product images from Roll20 would be useful.

Edited 1425411194
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Stephen. AFAIK there isn't a method for easily identifying " orphaned " images. Might make a good Suggestions & Ideas . As far as retrieving your images from roll20; In Chrome, open the campaign editor, open the Developers Console( ctrl+shift+J ) | Resources tab | Frames | app.roll20.net or app.roll20dev.net | Images . Find your image in the list, in the main console window, right-click the image and "copy img url", paste into a new tab and change the name of the file from "med" or "thumb" to " max " and download. [credit to HB and The Aaron] Cheers

Edited 1425412845
Thank you sir. Edit: I've no votes to make a suggestion, but it's the same problem all programmers face with garbage collection and memory leaks. It's just file nodes instead of memory addresses in this case. The standard c++ or boost smart pointers provide a half dozen or more examples and are all open source. So, I'll leave it at that.