Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Jukebox playing files when it isn't supposed to.

I almost feel like this should be posted in new features, but I'm pretty sure it qualifies as a bug. Bug Description If I play a file from the jukebox and "loop" isn't selected, the file plays through once and then stops, as expected. However, the play button does not revert to its original state. If I play another file from the jukebox, the file with the "glitched" button will play again. I have tried this in different campaigns, and the glitch seems to be persistent. Recreation Instructions 1) Have 2 separate tracks in your jukebox. 2) Deselect "Loop" on one of the tracks. 3) Play the non-looping track and let it play through to completion. - The play button should remain in its "playing" state. 4) Play the second track. From my experience this should cause the non-looped track to play again. Additional Information This glitch can be VERY easily avoided, simply by clicking "pause" on the non-looping track once it has completed, but it would be a huge quality of life improvement if this were fixed. From my limited knowledge, I'm pretty sure all that's happening is that the Jukebox is not changing the status of the track once it completes(so it still thinks the track is unpaused). Then, when you hit "play" on any track, the Jukebox is playing all tracks that are currently unpaused, and are not currently playing. I had a similar problem in a program I wrote a while ago, and all I needed to do was have the Jukebox reset the state of the track once it reached completion. My system specs(according to supportdetails.com) are: OS: Windows 7 Screen Resolution: 1366 x 768 Web Browser: Internet Explorer 11.0 Browser Size: 1366 x 619 Color Depth: 24 bit JavaScript: Enabled Flash Version: 16.0.-1 Cookies: Enabled Thanks for reading through this wall of text. I hope that this fix doesn't take too much effort.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I noticed this too... to hilarious results i must admit but i agree that it can be frustrating that you have to 'pause' an effectively ended track just to stop it repeating everytime you play something (or on log in as well).
Stephen Koontz
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
J.G. We're aware of this problem and it's high on our list of bugs to squash. We're sorry for the inconvience.