Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Handouts: End or Time "Show To Players"

I would like to suggest the GM ability, to close or time the closing of a player displayed handout. This would also be great for displaying exploding runes, burning notes, or brief glimpses of maps/wall pictures as a player runs through a room. The GM could display the handout as long as desired. It would be great to have integrated timing like "Show to players for 30 seconds" as well, but just having the ability to end showing a handout to players would be sufficient. This would also be great for my group’s face-to face sessions. My group uses roll-20 predominantly for face to face sessions running a "GM logged on as player session" displayed on a 48" display integrated into the gaming table. One challenge I have is closing hand-outs that are shown to players, as the table-top display is not cloned from an existing DM screen. Navigating the mouse to the tabletop display in order to close the displayed hand-out is awkward and time consuming at best. I may soon be adding a second GM monitor to use as a clone for the tabletop display to allow the GM to easily close the player displayed handout easily.
Gold
Forum Champion
Neat suggestion. Currently the one way I can think of, you could show the exploding runes / burning note / brief glimpse, would be if you make the handout into a graphic, put the graphic on the GM layer. Then you could temporarily right-click and move the graphic to Token Layer (players can see it), then quickly delete the graphic or right-click move it back to GM layer (hidden from players). This would also have the benefit of working on your 48" display that's effectively cloned from a Player screen, and you wouldn't need to mouse on the 48" display to close or hide it. Note: your suggestion is still valid, the workaround in my response is just a different way to do something similar (but not the same) in the meantime.
Great alternative. I will try it next session. Thanks
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .