Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

If you could add one thing to the DnD 5e sheet it would be...

Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
So i've received a crap-ton of feedback and comments on the 5e sheet the past couple of weeks both prior to and in the aftermath of the latest release. The vast majority of which have been positive so thank you all for your kind words. I have always said that the sheet cannot and should not attempt to cover every possible option or situation that may arise with a group or particular context or class mix and as such have always tried as much as possible to keep the sheet as close to the core ruleset as possible whilst adding in useful and helpful features where I can. Because of this the sheet has both been to basic for some users, and even too complex for others and people have taken the code for the sheet and adapted it to their own needs/style...this is something I have actively encouraged and will continue to do so. More recently though I have had to push back on some requests/feedback indicating that I wouldnt want to include that as it would be a step too far away from the core ruleset and/or a step towards trying to cover every possible situation....and both of which im keen to avoid as I see the sheet as both a good base from which to customise should you desire, and a sheet that is accessible, usable and with helpful features for those that dont want additions (or cant because they are not mentor level subscribers). For the most part people understand when I push back a request/suggestion but there have been a few occasions where people have been less than impressed by my decisions and in those cases I always ask them to see what the community think but thus far none of them have actually tried this. So I decided to start this thread to see what the 1 thing each person would most like to see added to the sheet. There are no promises any of the suggestions will get implemented/added but it will give me a better insight into what the most common requests are to see if they match some of the suggestions I have previously knocked back because recent feedback regarding the NPC section of the sheet has shown me that i badly underestimated how many people were using that! I'm hoping that the feedback here will help to re-order my queue of outstanding work too 1 request per user please Has to be something that will be available to all users (so no API scripting or mentor level features) Remember that the sheet cannot and should not attempt to cover every possible option or situation and that some things it's possible to do with a simple workaround Thanks Actoba
I formally request that the roll template not look so good with the css ribbon, since I cannot replicate it in an api script. ^_~
First let me say that the sheet is superb. I don't know why others spend so much time on homegrown sheets when this is such a valuable and effective tool that streamlines gaming.The areas for spells, feats etc is very handy and organizes a lot of things that some of us have been doing manually. Coding for spells is a pain as well as some combat feats.Those of us who have find other ways to do it spending hours upon hours thank you too bad I cannot get back those hours. lOL 1 criticism when it rolls for combat Attack it reads : 14 | 12 vs AC However since you don't have a tracker there is nothing after AC. For those that like a target identified, we can do it in an Emote after no big deal but then it reads AC two times. So either add space so it calculates the target AC or delete the words VS AC in the attack line. I know silly after all your effort but visually it just seems out of place unless a target's AC is actually written out. A reasonable change that is for function Under class actions / show output options (which I love), a separate line for melee attack, ranged attack; melee damage and ranged damage. There are a lot of feats, abilities, and even some spells that affect attack or damage, that way there aren't rolls on other lines. Thanks again for all of your effort and your commitment to other players with this most valuable resource.

Edited 1426446133
Agree that the sheet is superb. Figured out how to just copy/paste spell outputs (which are so awesome!) so adding spells to the quickbar is now simple. I have a minor (twofold) request if you're looking for feedback - making it easier to tell when a char is proficient/expert in skills (sheet/rolls) ie: 1) Skills tab - Color the row or just the dropdown for proficient / expert so the player and DM can tell at a glance which skills the char is proficient in (non proficient/jack of all trades don't need to change, but helps quickly review new char generation) 2) Skills roll - Add proficiency status (if expert/proficient) to output, maybe in subheader? A la : History (INT) Charname * Ability Check * Proficient 20 | 7 BUG with the char sheet : When you pop out the character sheet to a new window (awesome new feature!!!) the new class action outputs default to ~500 rows long or whatnot, even if empty / unused. Every other text box truncates neatly. I'm running Chrome (I suppose it might be different by browser)
There are two things that I know that fall into the arena of Roll 20 improvements, but I feel that they are worth mentioning even though I know that you don't have direct control over them (hopefully the powers that be are peeking in on this thread). 1) Multi-line Input or at least a way to add a line break in data. 2) Custom color banners (or the ability to set them based on player color). Now as far as the one thing I would like to see added that is within your control: 1) The ability to select which stat is applicable for weapons. There are just several use cases where this will help, not to mention the ability to simplify the roll output as the current finesse formula really increases the output. Thank you again for all the work you have done, this sheet is absolutely amazing!
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Both the popout class action bug and the expanded stat selection for weapons are already on the list for the next update
Religion would be nice field on the general background sheet. I'd ask for Cleric Domain too but I guess now that all classes follow paths, that's bloody favoritism
I would really love a quick statblock macro using the new chat roll templates, in a way I could, as a DM, quickly see the information on my players' character sheets using an editable macro to best fit each character's needs. Stuff like HP and temp HP, AC, Saving throws, combat related passive skills, current ammo, spell slots and remaining uses of class abilities. I tried to macro it myself, but found near impossible to get information from some of the repeating items of the sheet. As a less realistic wish, I would love an Import/Export resource option, in XML maybe.I mean, import monsters and spells would be great. I'm not sure Roll20 suports anything like that though. I really appreciate your work, thanks for the awesome sheet =)
Same thing I said in the other thread, but Would it be possible to add checkboxes for Spell Attack and Spell Damage, so that the custom feature can be included only in spells with attack rolls, or only in spells with damage rolls. I want to use this for my warlock Hex, but only want it included in spells that have damage rolls.
It is very hard to come up with one thing, I have a few things in mind but I don't want to ask for too much. One small thing I would like to see is a Weapon Range attribute added to Ranged weapons and have it output to the subheader2 on the roll template. I like to know how far my dagger can be thrown. One other feature I would like to see involves a bit more work. I love the idea of the class action check boxes to add them to every weapon attack or spell action, ect, but I was wondering if you could have it the other way around? Where in the weapon section I could select a certain class action to apply to only the weapon attacks I want. Like if I only sneak attack with my dagger, then I could add my sneak attack class action to my dagger attack and not my longsword. Or if my sorcerer only twins his firebolt I could select that class action for just that spell. It could be a drop down with just the action row number. Once again thank you for all the awesomeness, I wouldn't be doing any gaming on here without your excellent sheet.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
I think the weapon section could indeed do with an update....I do like the simplicity of a single row though :) The flexibility the roll template system gives would allow for more options and control over what your macro actually output so I think i'm beginning to lean towards a weapon section revamp to allow for things like that..though it's currently lower down the list given that the current implementation works fine. More broadly speaking, the value in being able to customise the output of macros on the sheet is undeniable and is something I'd like to add to the sheet in a much wider capacity. The spellbook was the first example of this and seems to have been well received. I'm particularly pleased with it because it provides additional options for users to control what they want to see for their playstyle/group and makes the roll20 features a bit more accessible for those that dont quite get (or have no interest in trying to learn) the macro system.....all without restricting more advanced users from continuing to do their own thing. The comments on the class action output stuff are interesting and i'm glad this has been such a popular addition! I had considered providing options to include a class action output on a specific weapon/spell/skill/etc but again the problem is where to fit those options on the sheet without filling it with a ton of clutter. As mentioned above, I do see the benefit of providing more support for user control things like this if possible....it might require a bit of testing to get them added without completely cluttering up the sheet with a massive array of checkboxes and other options though...something I am very very very keen to avoid. Power users can always grab the code and enhance the sheet in the way they want to but I'd rather keep the base sheet close to the RAW but still providing useful features/functionality. Anyway, i'm open to adding a few more things but it needs to be carefully considered and useful and not an attempt to cover every possible situation/variant rule/homebrew/etc.. because there's no way the sheet can or should attempt to do that. I particularly want to avoid having to add a separate "options" page with an ever expanding series of toggles/tweaks/etc...though I have no doubt that some would quite like that! On the issue of providing different class action output options for attacks/damage for weapons and expanded options for spells I think that's likely to be something i'll try and add. Particularly the spell output options for class actions, as I had originally intended that but ran out of time getting the new spell section itself done prior to the UoH release. The spellbook options (the damage/healing/etc.. sections i mean) also need a tidy following the other changes.

Edited 1426610499
(Not suggesting, just further comments/praise) The spellbook changes are outstanding. The ability to turn on/off various outputs at will is incredibly useful; our group is new to 5e so for the DM's of our two campaigns it's nice that the players will tell us what the spell does the first time it's used, then turn off the next for subsequent uses (Sleep is quite the textblock...) I echo the ability to add Class Ability output automatically to any instance of spell damage and spell healing (right now it can be done on cast for all spells, but that means doing things like "+4 HP if a healing spell!" on every spell output)... although the latter really only impacts life clerics and the former is just for specific feats/sorc traits IIRC. That said, given the functionality already exists, it would be nice! That said, this is already worlds above what I'm used to (haven't played in ~10 years - these char sheets/macros blow away pencil and paper!)

Edited 1426750102
I would suggest having a proper space to write/display legendary/magic item's features. Currently one of my auto-piloted characters has a dragon mask in his inventory it's from one of the official D&D releases *long text incoming": ---------------- This mask of glossy crimson has swept-back horns and spiked cheek ridges. Dragon Mask Properties - Each dragon mask is a legendary wondrous item that reshapes to fit the face and head of a wearer attuned to it. While you are wearing any dragon mask and attuned to it, you gain the following beneftis. *Damage Absorption.* You have resistance against the mask’s damage type. If you already have resistance to that damage type from another source, you instead have immunity to that damage type. If you already have immunity to that damage type from another source, whenever you are subjected to damage of that type, you take none of that damage and regain a number of hit points equal to half the damage dealt of that type. *Draconic Majesty*. While you are wearing no armor, you can add your Charisma bonus to your Armor Class. Dragon Breath. If you have a breath weapon that requires rest to recharge, it gains a recharge of 6. *Dragon Sight*. You gain darkvision out to 60 feet, or to an additional 60 feet if you already have that sense. Once per day, you can gain blindsight out to 30 feet for 5 minutes. *Dragon Tongue*. You can speak and understand Draconic. You also have advantage on any Charisma check you make against dragons that share the mask’s color. *Legendary Resistance (1/Day)*. If you fail a saving throw, you can choose to succeed instead. While you wear the mask, you gain the following beneftis, in addition to those the dragon masks share. *Damage Type*. The mask’s damage type is fire. *Dragon Fire*. If you deal fire damage to a creature or flammable object, it starts burning. At the start of each of its turns, a creature burning in this way takes 1d6 fire damage. A creature that can reach the burning target can use an action to extinguish the fire. ---------------- I do not have specific field that I can keep this on so I wrote the explanation on class section so i can show it to other players when needed. I also have a custom weapon with some long flavor text and abilities but I have nowhere to keep the information on. So I have it both on weapon tab and class tab for information. I also love the single line system on weapons but it would be nice to have a description field like a small button next to it to add description, and choice to display it on attack with only that weapon or something but for now class section can do most of the work :)
Spren
Sheet Author
I'd really like a tab that just keeps track of usable things and nothing else. Ammunition, hit points, spell slots, hit dice, class abilities, item charges, etc. All in one place with easy access. You have all this stuff now and all in its proper section, but sometimes I feel like it'd be nice to not have to tab back and forth or scroll all the down just to scroll back up if using the show all tab. Just all in one nice tab.
I see that the Class resources section is being deprecated in favor of the new Class Actions section. The one concern I have is for shared resources such as Channel Divinity and Superiority Dice. As far as I can tell, the player would need to keep track themselves of which Class Actions use a particular resource and update the used count on all of them when using any of them.
I've loved the sheet so far, the one thing I've always wished it had tho was for those pesky dual damage spells, allowing for multiple damage entries.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Justin C. said: I see that the Class resources section is being deprecated in favor of the new Class Actions section. The one concern I have is for shared resources such as Channel Divinity and Superiority Dice. As far as I can tell, the player would need to keep track themselves of which Class Actions use a particular resource and update the used count on all of them when using any of them. It's staying, the deprecate message will be removed in the next update. Had a fair bit of feedback on that :)
Actoba said: Justin C. said: I see that the Class resources section is being deprecated in favor of the new Class Actions section. The one concern I have is for shared resources such as Channel Divinity and Superiority Dice. As far as I can tell, the player would need to keep track themselves of which Class Actions use a particular resource and update the used count on all of them when using any of them. It's staying, the deprecate message will be removed in the next update. Had a fair bit of feedback on that :) WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! excuse me, i need to do a little dance...
One thing that needs to be added IMO is temporary stats reduction. There is plenty of creatures/abilities which just reduce the attributes by X amount and sometimes players forget what it orginally was, causing issues.
Drop down selection for race and class with auto-fill stats. Its a big job and one that would require a sizable amount of code but IMO it would make the sheets so much better during character creation.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Nab said: Drop down selection for race and class with auto-fill stats. Its a big job and one that would require a sizable amount of code but IMO it would make the sheets so much better during character creation. Many problems with this: Many DMs change races. Some DMs change classes Copyright prevents using many races/classes Selecting from a limited list would prevent other homebrew races/classes. Not really a workable idea without WotC changing their copyright stance and even then it'd have to be an optional thing and would require a lot of work. In general I don't see the value as most everything is auto calculated anyways.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Worse than that, it's not possible without API scripting :)

Edited 1427113377
Nab said: Drop down selection for race and class with auto-fill stats. Its a big job and one that would require a sizable amount of code but IMO it would make the sheets so much better during character creation. Personally i let my players put a +2 bonus and a +1 anywhere, regardless of race, so playing an interesting character like a Forest Gnome (normaly +2 int +1 dex) Barbarian Berserker (my rules +1 str +2 con) is not seen as mechanically inferior out the gate. forcing DM's and players into only using pregen races and classes would render this sheet invalid for me period. Edit: missquote mah bad

Edited 1427130099
Aesthetically, I would like to see things pop a little more when different. For example, in the skills section, if my character is proficient maybe the skill can be red or the line highlighted. If I have 2 levels of fighter and 1 level of druid, maybe both of those classes are red. The best example you already have is the inspiration button and death saving throws. It is extremely clear when you have it and when you do not. Because there are so many boxes and areas to fill in, things get lost in the wash of the hues of the sheet. Also, I would like a little more consistency. Sometimes the macros are to the left of the interested item and sometimes to the right. Thanks for your time and effort. It is greatly appreciated. H
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
H said: Aesthetically, I would like to see things pop a little more when different. For example, in the skills section, if my character is proficient maybe the skill can be red or the line highlighted. This is not possible with only CSS and HTML. Though I agree things get lost on the 5e sheet.
I see. Well it did not hurt to ask I suppose. H
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
It is possible to do some styling based on your selections. I have a note to tidy the various sheet functions/macro buttons up a bit as well as ensure they are suitable for touch screen/tablet use too......so it's on the todo list

Edited 1427145143
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Actoba said: It is possible to do some styling based on your selections. It can be done with checkboxes, but not with selects which is what skills are based on.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
It's possible to style the select boxes themselves to make the skills that you are proficient in a bit clearer
If I could add 1 thing it would be different options on how to create the /roll makros. It is probably a personal preference, but I hate seeing this when a player click the dice makro in the character sheet to attack with a weapon: 14 | 12 vs AC I understand how to read that, but I would rather just see the result of each dice and see the modifier (e.g. just the sum of modifers) to the roll and the final result - like when doing /roll 1d20+2 Also I'm not a fan of the auto-advantage/disadvantage always displaying. If I could just switch that off and control myself if I should roll 2 times or 1 I would do that. However, as an alternative to the suggestions above I would just like the tooltip of the result to be clearer. Let's say I have the ability Great Weapon Fighter (allows me to reroll 1 and 2's on damage dices) on my fighter and roll 2d6+5 for weapon damage, and the result is 9 damage. To figure out if I rolled any 2s I look at the tooltip and see this: "Rolling 2d6 + ((floor((20-10)/2))*1) + 0 + (0) + 0d0 = (2+2)+((floor((20-10)/2))*1)+0+(0)+()" Now I know after looking at this before that I rolled two 2s. But had the output been like this: Rolling 2d6 + Str = [2][2] + 5 (where [2] would be a 6 sided dice showing number 2) it would be a lot easier to read. I don't actually know all the parameters that are 0 here, but I guess it is stuff like magic bonus damage. Some way of adding a simpler tooltip to the probably correct formula with a lot of 0 values would be highly appreciated.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
There isnt a lot I can do about the tooltips i'm afraid but for the great weapon fighter example in particular you can enter the damage dice as 2d6ro<2 to have the system auto re-roll (once and once only) a 1 or a 2 on the damage dice for you meaning the total you see is the total you get after applying this feature. Hopefully i'll be able to allow for more customisation of macro output when time allows. The recently updated spellbook section is the first step towards that. I'm thinking hard on how to make roll results easier to read/interpret whilst retaining the convenience of the overall total and have been testing a few things....some of this is constrained though with the limitations of the current roll20 system but i'm hopeful I might get to a stage where I can provide some additional benefit in this area.
The tooltip output and roll output is a limitation of the current system and is nothing that can be handled as part of the sheet unfortunately. I would like to have simpler tool tip output as well, but it's just not feasible. In general though once you get comfortable with the sheet and confident that the calculations are all correct (because they really are!) then generally "get used to" reading the output and do simple math to get the answer you want.
On the Spells' "Gained from" field, could you add "race" for all the spells gained from the race section.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
John S. said: On the Spells' "Gained from" field, could you add "race" for all the spells gained from the race section. Does "Other" not work?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Gediablo said: If I could add 1 thing it would be different options on how to create the /roll makros. It is probably a personal preference, but I hate seeing this when a player click the dice makro in the character sheet to attack with a weapon: 14 | 12 vs AC I understand how to read that, but I would rather just see the result of each dice and see the modifier (e.g. just the sum of modifers) to the roll and the final result - like when doing /roll 1d20+2 There's a few ways you can handle this on your end, by customizing the macros. A) You can do something such as: Attack: [[1d20]] +[[ $LIST OF MODS ]] -- You would have to do the math manually, but it gets you most of the end result you wanted. B) Upgrade to Mentor, which gets you access to the API, and use Powercards . You'd have to learn how to use the script, but it gets you the option to have output like this: Editing the macros and making your own version is pretty simple. Use a macro you want to edit, and then press the up-arrow while in the chat-input-box. You can then copy that text, edit it, and make it an ability (on the attributes&abilities tab of a character journal) or a macro (on the geartab of the UI).
Mark said: John S. said: On the Spells' "Gained from" field, could you add "race" for all the spells gained from the race section. Does "Other" not work? Yes. I guess I could also just leave it blank...that works too. Thanks Mark.
Iskoaya said: Nab said: Drop down selection for race and class with auto-fill stats. Its a big job and one that would require a sizable amount of code but IMO it would make the sheets so much better during character creation. Personally i let my players put a +2 bonus and a +1 anywhere, regardless of race, so playing an interesting character like a Forest Gnome (normaly +2 int +1 dex) Barbarian Berserker (my rules +1 str +2 con) is not seen as mechanically inferior out the gate. forcing DM's and players into only using pregen races and classes would render this sheet invalid for me period. Edit: missquote mah bad If its a 5E sheet as standard, drop downs would make for stream-lined character creation process, similar to the D&D 4E builder on the WOTC website. Then DMs wanting to homebrew like yourself could just change the code to add in your own races or change modifiers, this would also mean you could also add in any new races as they are released in future book (actually really easy to do in HMTL). Would be a hell of a lot easier for new players and DMs this way.
The problem is that without an OGL you cannot include such details in the sheet without causing copyright issues.

Edited 1427609877
Nab said: If its a 5E sheet as standard, drop downs would make for stream-lined character creation process, similar to the D&D 4E builder on the WOTC website. Then DMs wanting to homebrew like yourself could just change the code to add in your own races or change modifiers, this would also mean you could also add in any new races as they are released in future book (actually really easy to do in HMTL). Would be a hell of a lot easier for new players and DMs this way. i dunno mate, i think i would develop for the majority of people and the lowest common denominator... not everyone knows CSS or HTML. a quick look at the LFGm tool would tell you most GM's change stuff, house rule / homebrew... The character sheet automates more than half of the information as it is... character creation happens once and filling in fields is simple... really really simple... spell book, macro, and token action is where character generation slows down.
Tbh all thats needed is a single campaign with all the spells set up... With everyone made GM so they could export said sheet... People just delete/reference said spell or just copy its command output. Done. But their are so many spells its crazy..
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
As many have mentioned, autopopulating the sheet isnt possible partly due to the way the roll20 system works and the need for api scripting to allow that to happen, abut mostly due to the licensing issues with 5e...or more accurately the lack of any clear licensing for 5e. This is one of the reasons the class action section is much more generic in it's current implementation than some of the other options I tried that had very specific support for each of the classes. It appears to be fine to autocalculate resources (ie. # of spells known and so on) but providing all the data on the spells themselves or event racial bonuses is a big no no at the moment. I believe that the new compendium feature the roll20 guys have added should help to alleviate this issue if/when there is more clear licensing for 5e
Umbra
Sheet Author
For the "class actions" part of the Class section, I would love to see a section for the action type. (Action, bonus action, reaction, and so on.)
I just logged into a 5e game for the first time in months & the new Character sheet is AMAZING! Both the DM & I love the new spells & skill checks. We did discuss a few of features that would be neat to have. 1) (and I think this one has been mentioned) is a visible break down of the rolls 2) (This I think is a bigger change & might not even be possible) Add a view of the sheet that is just a page of "spell cards" similar to 4e power cards, but only spells. 3) Have spells used automatically tick against the allotment of that spell level above. 4) (And I might be missing this feature so if it already exists, please someone tell me where ;) ) a single button rest that will reset all the needed powers/abilities/spells
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Andrew M. said: I just logged into a 5e game for the first time in months & the new Character sheet is AMAZING! Both the DM & I love the new spells & skill checks. We did discuss a few of features that would be neat to have. 1) (and I think this one has been mentioned) is a visible break down of the rolls 2) (This I think is a bigger change & might not even be possible) Add a view of the sheet that is just a page of "spell cards" similar to 4e power cards, but only spells. 3) Have spells used automatically tick against the allotment of that spell level above. 4) (And I might be missing this feature so if it already exists, please someone tell me where ;) ) a single button rest that will reset all the needed powers/abilities/spells 1. Not really sure how this would appear. It is possible, but would increase the size of rolls immensely to show the output of all variables. 2. A page that is designed like that could surely be added 3. Can't. Requires API usage which is restricted to mentor. 4. See #3.

Edited 1427737664
Mark said: Andrew M. said: Stuff... 1. Not really sure how this would appear. It is possible, but would increase the size of rolls immensely to show the output of all variables. 2. A page that is designed like that could surely be added 3. Can't. Requires API usage which is restricted to mentor. 4. See #3. #3 & #4 is there a way to have a check in the PHP to see if the current user is a mentor & show that button if they are or not. (It might be a good way to push people to subscribe ;) ) Does every player need to be Mentor or only the DM? Edit: Added question about Mentor needed
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
No scripting involved on the character sheets at all, its just HTML and CSS using the functionality that the roll20 system provides. There is no way to check whether a user of the sheet is a subscriber or not. To use the API scripting (and other mentor level features) the GM of the campaign has to be a mentor level subscriber) I have, and am still, considering some better options for displaying macros/rolls/etc.. on the sheet but doing that in a way that is useful and an improvement on what is currently available is somewhat tricky without it becoming a page full of "random" buttons without context. I have some ideas that may help with the roll breakdowns but they are very much still kicking around in my head and not yet fully formed or tested yet.

Edited 1427761255
Ok, another quick request. I would like a goldenrod colored Roll Template header. I want to use it for magic item effects. Thanks again Actoba, you rock.
Can someone explain why there is a hair and eye colour but no skin colour option? I mean it's not that important but every time I'm taking players through character creation I'm like "uh, I guess you can just write skin colour in the same place as hair"... Either include that or more sensibly give us an appearance box on the background page (it's not really like proficiencies boxes need to be so big)
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
RMcD said: Can someone explain why there is a hair and eye colour but no skin colour option? I mean it's not that important but every time I'm taking players through character creation I'm like "uh, I guess you can just write skin colour in the same place as hair"... Either include that or more sensibly give us an appearance box on the background page (it's not really like proficiencies boxes need to be so big) Likely for sensitivity concerns. It existed in 3.5, but not 4e or Pathfinder. If it should exist it should be in the form of "Skin" to be general for any input.
Be quite surprised if it was due to sensitivity considering how much colour is mentioned on the PBH, you've got tieflings who can be red or blue or whatever, dragonborns who are all sorts, humans with their variety of ethnicities, now genasi's and tattooed goliath's, etc. The real character sheets that have an appearance section have age, height, weight, skin, eyes and hair.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
RMcD said: The real character sheets that have an appearance section have age, height, weight, skin, eyes and hair. Ah, didn't see that sheet. Then I agree it should be on the roll20 sheet.