Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Object Sizing

I have images for the various burst templates for my game.  The images have been scaled to be the right size for a 70px grid, but when I put them on the table they always come in as 70px by 70px rather than at the correct size.  Is there a setting somewhere that's incorrect?  These used to import properly, so I'm not sure what's changed...
Gauss
Forum Champion
You can use the Set Dimensions tool to set the template to its original size.  - Gauss
For that, I have to know the original dimensions, which means I have to write them down somewhere.  There's not an easier way?  Is there a reason it stopped using the original dimensions?  I'm 90% positive when I first started using these templates they always came onto the map at the proper settings.
Gauss
Forum Champion
On your computer you can right click on the file and in properties-> details tab you should find the dimensions.  As for the file coming into the game at the proper settings:  If you are uploading the file from your computer itll should come in at (with grid off) or near (with grid on) its native size. If you are dragging the file from your library to the map layer should come in at (with grid off) or near (with grid on) its native size.  - Gauss
The Map layer did the trick...in the past I must have been dragging stuff onto that layer, perhaps.   Thanks for the help.
Gid
Roll20 Team
Carl, you set dimenions by grid squares, not just pixel dimensions.
Kristin - thanks.  I found that option too.  It still requires I remember how many squares a Large Burst Template is vs. a Medium, etc. I think it would be easier if things just imported at their size and then I can resize down if necessary.  However, in the grand list of wishlist items, this would be lower on my priority list compared to some of the stuff I see in the suggestions forum. :) In the meantime, I'll just import to the Map layer and then move to the token layer. BTW - I'm assuming you and Gauss are a couple of the developers?  I gotta say, I love what I've seen of roll20 so far.  I'm just getting my feet wet, but I'm really impressed. 
Gauss
Forum Champion
Devs have a pink tag that says Roll20 Dev Team. We on the Mod Team take bug reports, troubleshoot, and help people use the app. :) - Gauss
Ahhh - well, you all are doing a bang-up job as well. :)  Thanks for all the help.