Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Ghostbusters RPG sheet

Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I ain't afraid of no ghosts! Ghostbusters RPG character sheet is now available.
Awesome. Congrats!
Kevin: Great sheet but you left out one thing; The Ghost Die! The Ghostbusters Handbook said: ...is a special die that represents bad luck, and can cause even successful actions to have negative effects for player characters. It has the Ghostbusters logo instead of a six, and when it comes up causes some unfortunate mishap. When a ghost is rolled for a villain, the mishaps rebound in their favor or temporarily make their powers more effective. I'm hoping to run a game soon, using your sheet. However, without the Ghost Die, I'm going to have to make due with a Rollable table. Could you either: Provide a copy of your sheet thru GitHub or whatever, or PM me a copy I can modify myself, or Fix this on your own sheet? thanks! -Phnord PS: Ghost characters have only two stats, Zip and Power, and are therefore not really worth making a new section for, as their bars will work just fine. But, if you feel like it... q;} Edit: I have come up with a workaround, sort of, using a Rollable Table. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with a Trait that's 1. Bummer. Guess I'll have to limit my characters to a minimum of 2!
Tonight's Game: One-shot Tonight (3-31-15) Thanks Kevin!
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks! I know about the Ghost Die not being there. I haven't come up with a good way of doing it yet. One workaround could be to treat the last die as the Ghost, so you just have to hover over the result to see it. The source can be found on Roll20's Github page or just searching for Ghostbusters on Github. If you come up with a good solution feel free to add it to the official source or let me know and I can do it. Hope the game was fun!
The game hasn't happened yet; you're welcome to come and play or just observe, if you'd like.
When I was doing a d6 sheet, to represent the wild die (the only exploding die) I set the traits up as "(@{trait} -1)d6 +1d6!". You might be able to do the same but with greater-than/less-than/failure modifiers. This is if the ghost die replaces one of the dice. Or, if yer feeling really squirrely, create a roll template with the ghost die rolled separate, with a condional color change on a crit or fumble.
Kevin the Barbarian
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I might just do that Phnord! I have some game prep to do - so it depends on how that goes. John, I'll give some of those ideas a try.