Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFG, D&D 4E, Thurs/Fri after 6 pm MST, Sat anytime (almost)

I am looking for a D&D 4E group that meets once a week (or more) and I am available after 6 pm MST (GMT-7) Thursdays, Fridays, and all day Saturday. I have Skype, Hangouts, Ventrilo, Mumble... mic yes, camera no. I've been on Roll20 for about 2 years, and playing 4E for just as long. Very comfortable with the interface here, and 4E rules. I am only interested in long-term "serious" (humour is great, wasting time is not) campaigns that continue weekly for months, maybe years, with a medieval fantasy setting. Ideally, it will be a challenging campaign, where players have to make tactically interesting choices during encounters and strategically interesting choices outside of encounters. Hopefully, the group is well versed in 4E rules - I don't mind beginners, but I would prefer if people know the basics of actions per turn, action types, and so on. The group should take the campaign as seriously as I would, meaning people show up on time (obviously, life happens, but for the most part...). Below are my playstyle/D&D 4E preferences so you know what you're getting before inviting me :) Heroic fantasy over simulation (ie, I'd rather be killing dragons than running from town guards - I am a hero, guards should respect me, fear me, or both). I don't like rolling checks in mundane situations - I am a hero! I don't like rolling checks unless my PC *does* something - why roll if I didn't do anything? I think rolling checks where failure results in "nothing happens" is boring; failure should be interesting. Failed to pick a lock? Guess what, you made too much noise, the guards have been alerted, and the portcullis dropped trapping you inside. What do you do? Combat - is RP, and RP is combat. The two are not exclusive. Actions speak louder than words. I prefer encounters where there are alternate/multiple goals - something where the primary goal of team monster sometimes is NOT "kill the PCs" and the primary goal of the PCs sometimes is NOT "kill team monster." Do we rescue the virgin from the altar, or try to save the prisoners? Kill the cultists but let the children be sacrificed, or save the children and risk the cultists escaping our grasp? How do we stop the ritual? How do we make sure our ritual goes off undisturbed? I prefer being presented with problems/challenges that don't have a predetermined solution. If I want to teleport/fly over a bunch of pressure plates, rather than deciphering the puzzle to figure out which tiles to avoid, I should be encouraged and applauded. Just because I don't have a specific POWER does not mean I am unable to use an appropriate SKILL to get through a problem/skill challenge/whatever. To summarize, I prefer the collaborative roleplaying ("yes, and...") approach to D&D and think a more simulationist approach is boring (not right or wrong, just my opinion). Thanks for reading (if you made it this far). TL;DR: subject line, heroic fantasy > simulation, serious, yes and (no blocking), ongoing
bump
bump
bump
bump
bump
bump