Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DM Gehrigan seeking 5E DnD role-players for fun, improv and adventure Saturdays @ 2130 EST

<a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/23315/the-heroes-journey-5e-dnd" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/23315/the-heroes-journey-5e-dnd</a>
The World What's the current state of the world or area we're in? Is everyone doing well? The Vasyrian Empire is the largest and most expanding empire in the known world. Explorers from the empire "discovered" the Drakis Archipelago less than 50 years ago and there was great haste to found colonies on the largest islands to stake their "claim". The Empire has known peace under a strong, sensible king. He is old and near his end. His only heir is a young daughter who is not yet capable to rule. The colony you are beginning in, Stirling , is based on the west coast of the southern, and largest island, Belnoth. Drakis has a mild and temperate climate with mean annual temperatures ranging from 10 °C (50 °F) in the south to 16 °C (61 °F) in the north. Maxima and minima are 42.4 °C (108.32 °F) in the Northern-most colony of Canterbury and −25.6 °C (−14.08 °F) in the southern-most colony of Kalifax. Conditions vary sharply across regions from extremely wet on the West Coast of the South Island, Belnoth, to almost semi-arid in Central Belnoth and the Berradin Basin of inland Canterbury and subtropical on the Northern Island, Northland. Of the seven colonies, Ravenchurch is the driest, receiving on average only 640 millimetres (25 in) of rain per year and Orcland the wettest, receiving almost twice that amount. The southern and south-western parts of the South Island have a cooler and cloudier climate; the northern and north-eastern parts of the South Island are the sunniest areas of the country. The general snow season is about early sixthmonth until early tenthmonth in the South Island. Snowfall is less common on the North Island, although it does occur. How common is magic in the world? Is low magic common and high magic rare or is magic in its entirety very rare? low magic is almost mundane, it has been harnessed by artificers to power streetlights, homes etc. high magic is rare and jealously guarded by those who have it. What is the technological level of the setting? I like the idea of the magical equivalent of steampunk 19th century. i do like the idea of rail and airships [dirigibles] Good, neutral, or evil campaign? good campaign - fingers crossed High magic or low magic? High magic means that magic is extremely common with stuff like flying cities, airships, magically powered machines (i.e Eberron). Low Magic means magic is extremely rare and not commonly seen, magic items and true examples of magic are very rare (i.e Greyhawk). High magic. magic used in the place of electricity: for example magic powered streetlights. How adult is the game? Will horror, gore and psychologically disturbing situations arise? Erotic/sexual situations? Adult in maturity and probably in asides/table talk segues, horror will have its place - terrible people can do terrible things but gore will be left to the imagination. erotica can happen off-panel also. Style of adventuring? Weekly adventures or larger campaign arcs? Initially some one and dones to bet to know characters/world and as we get more comfortable the story will unfold. How common will magic items and treasure be? simple magic items will be available. more potent magic items can be researched and quested for. If you are, what are you drawing from as inspiration for your campaign? LOTR? Game of Thrones? Sword of Truth Books? History, Raiders of the lost Ark, Buffy, Fringe, Guardians of the Galaxy, and I have just seen Howl's Moving Castle, which was the feeling of the world that I wanted to invoke. How valuable is money in the game? How much do peasants make in a week or month? money is important: to raise your station, acquire better, longer lasting equipment, feed your family, pay for your sweetheart's dowry etc.
Looks like you have plenty of applicants.