Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Duplicate Page questions

Hey, once I've spent the effort to make a nice battlemap (which is still one of the biggest "bottlenecks" for playing Roll20), it would be nice to be able to use that work more than once, even if it's assembled in Roll20 rather than imported from another program. Maybe I'd like to run a battle before my players are involved as a test run, to see if the balance is way off. Or maybe I'd like two copies of a town map with just different Lighting settings, to use during daytime or nighttime in-game. There is a "duplicate page" feature, but it seems to only duplicate Page Settings -- not drawings or tokens or any other map components. I looked to see if there was some other trick for truly duplicating a page, but the Pages Toolbar wiki page doesn't even know about the Duplicate Page feature. (Which hopefully means that it's a new feature that's still getting improved?) I tried archiving the page, but it can still only be reloaded once. Is there any trick I'm missing? Or do we know if this feature is going to be added soon?

Edited 1428289700
Gauss
Forum Champion
The duplicate page (settings) button has been around a long time. It appears that the wiki was never updated regarding the button. I will let the Devs know. There are three ways to duplicate the content of a page: 1) Ctrl+A (select All) a layer, Ctrl+C (copy), switch to a different page, click the page where you want your stuff to be centered, and then Ctrl+V (paste). You can align it by hitting Ctrl+A and moving the entire layer into position. You may need to align individual items if they get out of alignment. Finally you would repeat this for each of the other layers. 2) Copy/Extend the campaign to create a new campaign with the same page(s). I do this for games like Axis and Allies, Munchkin, and other games where I need a duplicate of an already set up map. 3) The Transmogrifier (a Mentor level feature) can copy pages between campaigns and back. Edit: added more detailed instructions for #1
OK, thanks. I already use option (2), but it doesn't help with my current issue ... so I guess (1) is what I'll have to do. Answer was still helpful, though -- I hadn't though of this (obvious) solution.

Edited 1428289817
Gauss
Forum Champion
I edited my previous post with more detailed instructions for #1. If you need further help on how to do that let me know. One note: on maps with a lot of images copying and pasting a large batch of images can fail. If that happens you may need to do it in sections.
Good to know. What if the z-order (To-Front / To-Back) of the objects is getting mixed up? Same answer, do it in sections?
Gauss
Forum Champion
The z-order *should* stay the same, if not, you can use the front/back options to fix them.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Got around to documenting the Duplicate Page button: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Page_Toolbar#Duplicate_Page_Settings" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Page_Toolbar#Duplicate_Page_Settings</a>