Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds (Tabbed) Update (7 Apr 2015)

Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Just a quick note to let you all know that Roll Templates (while implemented earlier) has been enhanced to allow you to select to use Roll Templates with the sheet's roll buttons. This capability is under the Configuration Section (specially the Tweak UI portion of the Configuration). Here's what it looks like: Selecting the "No Roll Template" option will leave the current emote-style buttons. I was able to get this to work in such a way that if anyone has another roll template style they'd like to see added, just let me know—it can be added fairly easily. The only requirement would be that input should be the same as what already exists (additional can be added, but the minimum requirement is have the exact same inputs as the existing ones, otherwise I'd have to make changes to the buttons and that's more work than I care to do at the moment). IMPORTANT NOTE: You will need to select one of those options otherwise the roll output will be odd. I haven't figured out a way around that just yet, but will keep working on it. The rolls will still work, it'll just be odd formatting if you haven't selected one of those three options for each category (Trait, and Damage). Also, note the Show Advancements checkbox. This was something on the wishlist and was fairly easy to add, so it's been added. It is hidden by default. I'll get the wiki updated when I can.
Great ! I've tried to see these modifications on my campaigns, but the version is still feb 2015. (on dev and regural servers) Do you think it'll be long before it is available for us ? Thank you for your hard work
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
I'm not sure. It all depends on when the pull request is merged and then however long it takes for the merge to propagate to the PROD servers. In my experience it usually take a few days. I just submitted the pull request today. However, since you are a Mentor, you could group the html and css code from the github repository and use a "custom" sheet until everything is merged. That's merely an option. ;) Otherwise, it may take a few days to a week depending on dev availability to do the merge.

Edited 1428423175
Thank you again for your quick answer Tested with custom sheet and roll templates and the Advancements new section works like a charm !
And a chorus of Hallelujah sang out~ :P I love the fact that the results are split up between the Trait die and the wild die - makes things easier to determine when backlash occurs on a 1 on the spellcasting die, or critical failures. >D As a personal preference though (and I have no idea if you've changed this already, since all I know is the Feb 2015 version), but the roll templates are a bit wider than the chat window width. I'm using Chrome, Windows 7. As I remember (I went back to the default roll template just to get macros set up for now), even widening the chat window didn't prevent the horizontal scrolling.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Toboe, I didn't change anything really with the roll templates. I'll take a look and see what I can find, but I've not had that issue with any of my testing. Do you happen to know how wide your default chat window is (in pixels preferably)?

Edited 1428431024
Just tested using Chrome's Inspect Element, with spadestrait2 template: The Roll template (spadestrait2 template) is: 193x303 The chat window text box is 193x334, with padding-top: 0, padding-left: 45, padding-bottom: 7, padding-right: 5 So considering that they both have the same width, but the chat window has significant left padding, that'd be the reason why it's cut off a little to the right. I can still read all the rolls/modifiers, but the right corners are cut off. EDIT to add: I use the minimum width chat window that I can, to maximize map space. What I just tested right now was the default width that pops up.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Tobe, that's really weird...on my machine (Safari and Chrome on Mac OS X Yosemite) the right sidebar is 260px. I'll see if I can come up with a skinny version and provide those as options. I still need to mess around with the roll templates a bit more to get them as clean as possible and allow for options like Frenzy or Full-Auto.
Here, I made some screenshots: Screenshot #1: right corners slightly cut off in default chat window width. Chat window is highlighted, and Inspect Element in Chrome 41.0.2272.118 m, Windows 7 Home Premium. Chat window is 193x334 width. Screenshot 2: close up showing how it's cut off Screenshot 3: if I widen the chat window slightly then I can see the right corners. So if the chat window is set to at least 210px width it's fine for me. If it counts for anything, in Chrome I have set my Font Size to Large and Page Zoom to 100%, and my screen resolution is 1366x768.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
That's cool. I'll see what I can do. 😀 Just weird that we both get different different default widths. I can't make mine go smaller than 260 regardless. I'll mess around with this and let you know once I have something that may work for you.
This is just for information (the savage worlds tabbed character sheet is not to blame) but on dev servers, all buttons on the sheet won't work since last update on Nested Inline rolls. I hope that this will be corrected soon by the roll20 developers

Edited 1428674896
Inline rolls which end with three or more ]]] brackets aren't working. If you add a space like this ] ]] they work. Nevermind, Riley just pushed out an update that fixed that bug.
a suggestion for a template... perhaps a compact template option? Also... any way that you could set the modifier fields to hide if their value is 0?
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Chell, quick clarification...what do envision the compact one looking like? What fields or elements would it have? As for your other suggestion, that's actually a nut I'm trying to crack, just didn't want to hold things up any longer. But getting the fields to hide s at the top of my to do list for roll templates.
what i invision a compact version looking like is something along the lines of this... minimal information and screenspace...
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Cool. I'll see what I can work up. :)
I'm curious as to if you've had any time to work on this recently...
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Not yet. I'm hoping to get some of this done this weekend. For the suggestion above, I've simply added a couple three new fields to the templates, but haven't really been able to do any testing. Life is just a little crazy at the moment. Sorry.

Edited 1430301137
no problem, just curious was all... I tried making my rolls using your templates into compact versions today and noticed it's entirely possible (though formatting it a pain) to accomplish with your skill templates... but impossible with your damage template... it breaks and doesn't show the Misc Notes section if the {{dmgmod=@{dmgmod}}} portion is removed
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Yeah, that was something on my to fix list. :-) I'm also going to mess around with nested inline rolls and getting a Fighting, Throwing, and Shooting button on the Equipment tab to make using the sheet a little easier during combat. I've been tempted to try and do a fighting+damage button, but with the nature of Bennies and the such, I just can't see that happening at the moment. Though, I will be updating the templates with additional Attack fields and Wild Die fields to support Multi-action and Frenzy type of situations. Lots of plans, just not enough time to do them all. :-/