Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API sendChat - Please trim input to the roll parser

Hey all, I think I finally tracked down the issue with one of my scripts. I think I found a bug in the way the roll parser operates through the API. If I do: sendChat("Test",'[[1d20]]'); then everything is fine, but if add a space between the left open bracket and the 1, it fails: sendChat("Test",'[[ 1d20]]'); with: Expected "[" or [ |\t] but "1" found. I can fix my scripts to not have any whitespace inbetween, however, there are a lot of existing attributes that unfortunately have spaces between the left open bracket. Both work fine if passed to the main chat window. Thanks for your time and all the hard work. Web Browser - Firefox Browser Version - 37.0.1 Operating System - Linux Mint 17 Qiana If Javascript is enabled - Yes Your anti-virus software - None List of any browser add-ons or extensions enabled - disabled all of them
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Is this happening on Dev or Prod?
This will be fixed when the new inline roll parser code goes live next week :-)
Awesome! Thanks everyone.