Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Turn Tracker: add ability to hide custom items

Edited 1429729131
chris b.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It would be useful to add the ability to hide custom items in the turn tracker, just as we can hide tokens in the turn tracker by moving them to the GM layer. Why? When using custom items with round calculations to track effect durations the players should not know about. The turn tracker with round calculator is already very useful for effect durations the players know about. A checkbox on Custom Item creation is probably the simplest solution that matches the need, and hopefully it could be hidden the same way token items are hidden when on the GM layer. Scenario 1: bad guy buffs his strength before the players are aware of him. I add "STR buff to Able" custom item, decrement by -1, check "hide from players", set initial value to X. Players are never aware of this buff unless they use a detect ability that can see it. Scenario 2: bad guy debuffs player with Slow. I add "Slow on Baker Rnds" as custom item, decrement -1 per round, check "hide from players" , and then set its initial value to Y I can also add "Slow on Baker" as 2nd custom item, leave "hide from players" unchecked, increment by 1, but leaving initial value 0, Player can then see "Slow on Baker" and can see how long it's lasted so far, but won't see the hidden item that counts down the rounds, and i can delete them both when the counter item reaches 0. EDIT: I rewrote the above to make it more concise.
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Great Idea Chris.

Edited 1463402590
im wondering if i can add buff on initiative tracker from macros without using add custom item from initiative tracker.. any tips? EDIT: You can employ the API to do something like this, but the core macro system is not capable of storing and re-using information or creating turn tracker entries not tied to a token (ie: no custom items) nevermind i found my answer sorry
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .