Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Wanted! More Options for certain Token/Map/Tile Concepts.

So, I've noticed during a recent trip to the Marketplace that there are a distinct lack of some options for certain "Things" that will be very important to an upcoming Game I'm planning to run in the very near future. So, I'm thinking I must not be the only individual having difficulty finding options for their Custom Campaign as far as maps or Tiles or even Tokens appropriate to their game. I also suspect that at least some of the Artists that make Maps, Tiles and Tokens might want to know what Players and GMs desire more options for in their games. So, I'm starting this thread so the Players and GMs can help inform the Artists of the community about what is most desired especially those underserved items that may only have a few options at most. Just try to be Civilized about it. This means you, Barbarians:P My very Short List... A couple of Arenas, Colloseums, Gladiator Pits, other Organized Combat Locations. Particularly Tactical Maps of these places. --I mostly need a good reusable Battleground for Combat tournaments and Exibitions for a Fantasy type setting. So far as I can tell, the Marketplace has only one option and it will not work for my game. And that actually is the main thing I need atm. I'm hoping to see others needs and desires for these items. And hoping that this will help bring attention to the more Under-Served game items and catagories. Thank You:) GF
This was available in the generic Roll20 Stuff... -Ajax
Gabriel P.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
I have notes for a set of arenas including most if not all on your list. I'll move it forward in my queue and try to get it done in the next month or two.
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Andrew W. said: I also suspect that at least some of the Artists that make Maps, Tiles and Tokens might want to know what Players and GMs desire more options for in their games. Totally. It's not a guarantee that it'll get made, but as you can see artists like Gabriel do read the forum and are happy to juggle queues to get desired items out faster than would otherwise be the case. Not every style is what every GM is looking for though, so if there's a specific artist and a specific request you can contact <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and they'll try and put you in touch with that artist for a commission. I for one would love to see a bunch of suggestions posted up, especially if people can be fairly specific about what they need from it ("more Sci-fi" for example is a bit too vague if what you really mean is you need "a range of top-down alien tokens holding ranged weapons" ). Thanks for starting the thread Andrew!
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Alan H. said: Not every style is what every GM is looking for though, so if there's a specific artist and a specific request you can contact <a href="mailto:team@roll20.net" rel="nofollow">team@roll20.net</a> and they'll try and put you in touch with that artist for a commission. The actual process is that a person emails the devs with a request specifying the artist and the devs just pass that information along to the artist. Everything after that is left up to the artist to make the decision and roll20 stays out of it. Some of the artist have posted their contact info on the forums so you might be able to dig around and find it also.
Ajax, Didn't find that one during my Search. I tried searching for "Arena", "Colloseum" and "Gladiator" and only found one "Map" type thing and that was not it. What Tags does it have? Gabriel, Thanks:) I'll look forward to them. Pat, Thanks for responding:) I wasn't sure what to do or where to post this exactly. Perhaps a Sub-Forum or at least a Sticky Thread for art requests might be a useful thing for the future. Get all the infos together in one spot for it to be easier to find and check if art items have been made for individual requests or are in progress. Also, I think that maybe having a revamp of the Tags system might help. At least add a few more to some kinds of items to make it easier to find things someone is looking for with them. Alan, Yeah I see that being more focused in your request is more helpful to the artist/s. I'm hoping others take note of that as well;) Thanks to everyone that responded, both in the thread and via PM. GF
PaulOoshun
Marketplace Creator
Andrew W. said: . Also, I think that maybe having a revamp of the Tags system might help. At least add a few more to some kinds of items to make it easier to find things someone is looking for with them. Have to say that's on us content creators to do. We're the ones who define what Tags go with which product/asset, and from my own experience the Orr Group (Roll20) have been super helpful in prompting and reminding us to do this. It's a balance though. If you miss an obvious tag then your stuff might remains obscure. If you overdo it with tags then your work shows up in every search and people become frustrated ("I searched for Arena, why have I got seventeen hits for these cave tiles?!") and that's not good either. Maybe we need a Good Tagging Guide. I've actually made a suggestion to the Devs about data mining searches for tags with zero hits, and tags which result in a sale for an artist. Would be useful stuff but their to-do list is long and they're a small (but growing!) team.