Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Request] CharacterGen Importer

So I came across this website. <a href="http://yochai.hopper.pw/DnD_5e_CG/info.html" rel="nofollow">http://yochai.hopper.pw/DnD_5e_CG/info.html</a> The author did an amazing job with the character generated, It occured to me how amazing it would be to take the output of this webapp and import it directly into a character sheet in in Roll20. Here is a sample stat block from the generator. Direct COPY/PASTE Alston Turen — Level 1 Rock Gnome Fighter Ability scores: STR: 14 (+2) DEX: 13 (+1) CON: 13 (+1) INT: 16 (+3) WIS: 12 (+1) CHA: 8 (-1) Saving throws: STR: +4 DEX: +1 CON: +3 INT: +3 WIS: +1 CHA: -1 Initiative: +1 Speed: 25 Passive perception: 11 Size: Small Proficiency bonus: +2 Gender: Male Hit points: 11 Hit dice: 1d10 Armor: Chain mail and Shield AC: 18 Melee weapons: Morning Star (+4 to hit) 1d8+2 piercing damage 3 Handaxes (+4 to hit) 1d6+2 slashing damage Ranged weapons: 3 Handaxes (+6 to hit) 1d6+2 slashing damage Range: 20/60 Short bow (+5 to hit) 1d6+1 piercing damage Range: 80/320 40 arrows Proficient skills: Animal Handling +3, Athletics +4, Insight +3, Intimidation +1 Non-proficient skills: Acrobatics +1, Arcana +3, Deception -1, History +3, Investigation +3, Medicine +1, Nature +3, Perception +1, Perform -1, Persuasion -1, Religion +3, Sleight of Hand +1, Stealth +1, Survival +1 Languages: Common, Gnomish Other proficiencies: Tinker's tools, Three-Dragon Ante, Land vehicles Racial Traits: Darkvision, Gnome Cunning, Artificer's Lore Abilities: Fighting Style (Archery), Second Wind Equipment: Insignia of rank, War trophy, Bone dice, Common clothes, Explorer's pack Wealth: 180 gp Background: Guild Artisan (Smith) Personality: I believe that anything worth doing is worth doing right. I can’t help it— I’m a perfectionist. I’m well known for my work, and I want to make sure everyone appreciates it. I'm always taken aback when people haven’t heard of me. Ideal: Greed. I’m only in it for the money. (Evil) Bond: The workshop where I learned my trade is the most important place in the world to me. Flaw: I’m never satisfied with what I have— I always want more. Thoughts?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Could be super useful for generating PCs/NPCs that use PC stats on the fly. I could use much of the same functions that I use for NPCs importing. It's unfortunate that he did not follow the MM conventions. For instance he uses 1d6+2 instead of 5 (1d6 + 2). I'd have to parse it into the MM format first to avoid having to do it all from scratch. I'm interested, but would like to redo weapons before I venture down this road.
Mark said: Could be super useful for generating PCs/NPCs that use PC stats on the fly. I could use much of the same functions that I use for NPCs importing. It's unfortunate that he did not follow the MM conventions. For instance he uses 1d6+2 instead of 5 (1d6 + 2). I'd have to parse it into the MM format first to avoid having to do it all from scratch. I'm interested, but would like to redo weapons before I venture down this road. Couldn't agree more, I've been using it for races and names, but would be so awesome to click a few buttons, generate a pc/npc, make a token, paste the contents and then click the macro to do import! Would be amazing!
Bump , Would love to see a script monkey do some work on this
Just bumping this, hoping someone might have time in the not to distant future.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Give me some feedback on the new weapons so I can finalize that before starting a new big project. :)

Edited 1431484027
Mark said: Give me some feedback on the new weapons so I can finalize that before starting a new big project. :) Hmm, new weapons? You mean with regard to the positioning on the player sheet?
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I mean the new weapons on the weapons tab. Melee, thrown, ranged. I also put some screenshots on the main thread.
Mark said: I mean the new weapons on the weapons tab. Melee, thrown, ranged. I also put some screenshots on the main thread. Ah i was looking in the wrong section. Feedback granted :)
Just bumping this as I would still find it extremely useful.
Bumping again, just in case another script monkey has free time.