Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

new nested in-line rolls broke my macros

Ok... so with the new nested in-line rolls live I decided to use them to clean up the roll results on my macro's a bit... and as a result now my macro's are broken... @{weapon1attackcalc} 1d20!cs>@{weapon1critmin}kh3 +[[{@{BAB}, @{level}}kh1]][BAB] +[[@{weapon1stat}]][Ability] +@{size}[Size] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Weapon Focus] +2[Blink] +1[Prayer] +2[Heroism] +2[Healer's Vision] +3[Skin of the Hero] +3[Divine Favor] +1[Ioun Stone] +1[Aerial Combat] -?{Power Attack?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Misc Atk|0}[Misc] @{weapon1damage} 1d6 +?{Size difference|1}d6[Fell the Greatest Foe] +[[@{weapon1damagestat}]] +@{weapon1enh}[Weapon Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Weapon Specialization] +1[Prayer] +2[Heroism] +2[Healer's Vision] +3[Divine Favor] +?{Power Attack?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Misc Dmg|0}[Misc] @{weapon2damage} @{weapon2enh}d@{weapon2type}[Sneak Attack]+[[floor(@{casterlevel}/3)]]d@{weapon2type}[Hunter's Eye]+@{weapon2focus}d@{weapon2type}[Bonus Dice]+@{level}[Craven] @{weapon1fullattackmacro} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{weapon1name} }} {{subtags2=[[(4*?{Miss chance? (1=True)|0})d100<50]] attacks miss }} {{attack1=hitting AC[[@{weapon1attackcalc}]]}} {{fumbleroll=**Fumble**}} {{damage1=for [[@{weapon1damage}]] dmg}} {{critdmg1=+[[@{weapon1damage}+[[@{weapon2damage}]][Telling Blow]]] crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag=[[d1]]}} {{attack2=hitting AC[[@{weapon1attackcalc}-5]]}} {{damage2=for [[@{weapon1damage}]] dmg}} {{critdmg2=+[[@{weapon1damage}+[[@{weapon2damage}]][Telling Blow]]] crit dmg}} {{attack3=hitting AC:[[@{weapon1attackcalc}-10]]}} {{damage3=for [[@{weapon1damage}]] dmg}} {{critdmg3=+[[@{weapon1damage}+[[@{weapon2damage}]][Telling Blow]]] crit dmg}} {{attack4=hitting AC[[@{weapon1attackcalc}-15]]}} {{damage4=for [[@{weapon1damage}]] dmg}} {{critdmg4=+[[@{weapon1damage}+[[@{weapon2damage}]][Telling Blow]]] crit dmg}} {{attack5=**Magebane**: + **2** atk }} {{damage5= +[[2d6+2[vs Arcane Spellcasters]]]dmg}} {{attack6=**Weapon Crystal**: }} {{damage6=+[[1d6[vs Undead/Constructs]]]dmg}} {{attack7=**Vampiric**: }} {{damage7=+[[1d6]]health steal}} {{attack8=**Vexing Flanker**: + **4** atk **Harmony**: + **2** atk Flanking **Tactical Precision**: + **2** atk}} {{damage8=+[[1d6]]dmg Flanking w/**Ruby**}} {{notes= All attacks hit Flatfoot AC}} My goal was to hide all the floor(x+y/z) formulas from the character sheet so that the roll result would just be the basic math... It works fine for a single attack... sorta... when making a single attack, some of the extra bonuses with dice rolls output as plain text rather than a roll, including the crit damage result... and sometimes everything after the first attack roll and the final notes section won't even display... othertimes it outputs the whole roll as plain text without even calculating it... what's going on? can this be fixed?
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Yeah, I've seen it also. And I can't figure out a true consistency for it. My druid's scimitar attack breaks always on the 3rd attack roll unless I roll it directly after her quarterstaff attack and then it won't break that time only. (I have her attacks set up with 4 attacks for testing purposes right now.) The quarterstaff attack breaks on the second attack always; I can't get it to not break. Her dagger and sling attacks work the same as the quarterstaff. I made an example using simplified values and the default template which broke until I started moving the sections around and then it worked fine. Right now, my solution is: I'm not using nested rolls for my attacks. Hopefully as we get more examples posted, Riley will be able to narrow down the bug and get it squashed.
Kryx
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
It looks like it may be the same cause was mine was: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1886493/nested-i" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1886493/nested-i</a>... Try it now.
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
All my previously failing examples now work correctly so from my viewpoint it looks fixed as well. :)
indeed it seems to be fixed now...
It seems to be killing the 3D Dice, has anyone noticed that?
Ed S. said: It seems to be killing the 3D Dice, has anyone noticed that? Can you be more specific? It's rolling a lot of 3D Dice for you, or...?
Just made a detailed bug report for you.