Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Savage Worlds - Min Str modifier

Edited 1430449196
Ok... so I'm looking for a way to get this to work properly... in the savage worlds game that i'm playing with a group of friends I've got a weapon with a min Str of d8 and I only have a d4 in Str... since the attributes are defined as dice (using the tabbed character sheet) I need some way to compare the size of a die to a number and output the result as either a 1 or a 0... I had an idea to do something like [[other calculations +[[{@{strength}r<7}>8]]-1]] but considering that it will cap out re-roll attempts on anything under d8 I'm afraid to use this in an actual game where it will be rolled several times... and it won't accumulate greater penalties for each smaller die size To simplify... I wan't to know if there is a better and less roll heavy method for this... any die size d8 or larger has no penalty for each die size under d8 has a -1 penalty (d6 = -1, d4 = -2)

Edited 1430450775
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Is this on the Fighting or the Damage roll? Or both EDIT: I suppose I should ask if this is a Ranged Weapon or a Melee Weapon? Because as I understand the rules, the -1, etc only applies to Ranged Weapons with a Min. Strength. So, according to the rules, your Fighting roll shouldn't be affected (at least not that I can find), and your damage would be the max of your Str. So, if you were wielding a Blade that does Str+d8, and you only have a d6 Str, then the damage is Str+d6 (i.e. 2d6). All of that could be set up via the Character Sheet. Otherwise, you could just add the modifier to the appropriate skill on the character sheet and it would take care of it for you. I may be missing something, though, and misunderstanding the question. It's getting late and I should go to bed... :-/

Edited 1430452075
Does this work for you? +[[[[{1d0+@{selected|strength}}<7]]*(-1*floor((8-@{selected|strength})/2))]]

Edited 1430457040
it's for a ranged weapon and applies to the shooting roll only & Tim, that would work IFF @{strength} wasn't a value of "d4" but since @{strength} is a dice value not a flat value that sort of calculation doesn't work... I basically need to force the strength die to roll max to use a calculation like that one... the method I posted as my attempt is a work around that attempts to force the die to roll an 8 or higher and exhaust it's maximum allotted number of attempts if it can't... which when the raw roll is output instead of the success/fail it shows the result of the last roll attempted as if the r<7 wasn't even a factor to begin with. Ok... NVM to this... apparently I'm an idiot and the attribute is a flat number...
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Chell said: Ok... NVM to this... apparently I'm an idiot and the attribute is a flat number... LOL - Don't worry about it, it happens to all of us. :)