Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ability to reply to players applications

Because the forums are segregated from the main site I have no way to contact players that apply and fail to submit a character. I have no way to tell them I can't let them in until they do or signify that their application is not good enough, and upon delclining I cannot give a reason why. The inability to talk with players applying really makes getting players hard. If you just OK every application they come in and forget the game is running, where if you can communicate with them a little bit before allowing them in you can root out the players that give the standard "I really want to play your game" then drop out immediately. In the meantime hogging a slot somebody that actually wants to play your game could be inhabiting.
Yes I would like to communicate with applicants in some way before accepting them, at the moment I can't.
What made me finally decide to say something is I just had to turn somebody down because they didn't submit a character and spent a minute trying to figure out if there was some way I could tell him without barring him from sending another app. Its unfortunate that's the route Roll20 forces us to take either the "Do it right or don't apply" approach or the "Invite everybody and end up with a bunch of flakes" method.
I've got a player in my " inbox", the game is full at the moment but will likely have drop outs. I want to tell the guy that I can't take him at the moment but might be able to in the near future. Currently I've just left him hanging there :(
I agree that this would be a useful and helpful fix; currently running with a post telling those that are approved to launch the campaign but this is an inefficient solution with obvious holes. Would greatly appreciate a means to message the individuals directly or at the very least answer their applications with a blurb.
I got nothing new to add here. I'm having the same problems and I'm not entirely sure if one game actually has people in it or not.
We'll be fixing this in the near future.