Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Cthulhu Resistance Table Macro

I'm trying to create a macro that will emulate the Call of Cthulhu Resistance Table, but I can't get it to work. The basic mechanic is: 1d20 < (active stat - passive stat)+10) Think the macro should be: /r 1d20 < ((?{Active|0}-?{Passive|0})+10)) However, when I run the macro, all I get is the result of the die roll. Please advise.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I believe you have to put all the math on the left side of the equation to get that to work: /r (1d20-(?{Active|0}-?{Passive|0}))<10 See if that works?
The Aaron said: I believe you have to put all the math on the left side of the equation to get that to work: /r (1d20-(?{Active|0}-?{Passive|0}))<10 See if that works? Using that formula, it performs the functions to the left of the <, but does not do the comparison to the right side. Any suggestions?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
try: /r {(1d20-(?{Active|0}-?{Passive|0}))}<10
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can also use inline rolls to calculate the target number before rolling: /r 1d20<[[?{Active|0}-?{Passive|0}+10]] or [[1d20<[[?{Active|0}-?{Passive|0}+10]]]]
/r {(1d20-(?{Active|0})+(?{Passive|0}))}<10 is working. Now how do I get it to say "Failed" instead of "0 Success"?
The final version of the macro is /w gm Resistance Check /gmroll {(1d20-(?{Active|0})+(?{Passive|0}))}<10
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I think the answer to "how do I get it to say "Failed" instead of "0 Success"?" is The API. I don't think there is another option you can use with macros.