Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help] Turn Marker script

Can anyone tell me how to modify this script so that the turn marker token does not change size relative to the token? I don't use a grid, and often the tokens I use are scaled differently relative to one another, so the turn marker token changes sizes as it moves from one token to another. I'd like to keep it a standard size throughout. Thanks in advance!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Changing line 547 from this: var size = Math.max(currentToken.get("height"),currentToken.get("width")) * state.TurnMarker.scale; to this: var size = marker.get('width'); should do it. I'll see about making that an option in the rewrite...
Thanks, that worked. Is it possible to make it a constant size but just slightly bigger? I know, it's nitpicky, but I'm that guy.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah you are! =D lines 71,72 set the size when it creates a marker: height: 70, width: 70, The script scales the marker to be 1.7 times larger than the token whose turn it is. 70x70 is the standard grid size, so to get it to always be the size it would be for a standard 1x1 tile monster, change those to 119 and 119. You will also need to change lines 137,138: height: 70, width: 70, which is where it sizes the marker to hide it on the GM layer. This code predates being able to delete anything, so we would hide them in the upper left corner. I really need to update it...
The Aaron said: Yeah you are! =D Well, you don't have to agree so readily... But I am. And yet my wife is always amazed that I can't seem to match my belt with my shoes. I've tried to explain over and over again, that's a totally different skill set.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you only have one belt and one pair of shoes, it's never a problem. =D

Edited 1432353384
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
The Aaron said: I really need to update it... Aaron said he was going to update the Turn Marker Script! Yea!
Stephen S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Vince said: The Aaron said: I really need to update it... Aaron said he was going to update the Turn Marker Script! Yea! The update is out, he is only sending to some people. You didn't get it? Its very nice.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
HAHAHAHAHAHAH. Someone is naughty.. =D
I'm getting some weird behavior with Turn Marker in conjunction with Group Initiative. It seems to be changing the Turn Marker's value - it used to always be -1. Now, it starts off as -1, but when I roll group initiative, the value of the Turn Marker is changing. EDIT: - I think I figured it out. I think I grabbed the turn marker while selecting tokens to roll. However, now I've got a player with a really high dex, and it sometimes reduces his init to below -1. How can I change the Turn Marker's default number in the script?