Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Copied Macro, working in original character sheet, doesn't work in new character sheet?

I have a Macro that works in the old character sheet, but doesn't work in the new character sheet. I tend to use a lot of macros per character sheet, and have duplicated many sheets to support additional players and NPCs. Could it be that I've reached some sort of macro limit, beyond which, no additional macros can be supported?
No, there's no such limit.  Check if you have all the same abilities.  If that's the case, copy into here, the macro and what it gives since it doesn't work :-) 
Gauss
Forum Champion
I assume you are talking about Abilities rather than Macros since Abilities are part of the character sheet? When an Ability is written it is set to the name of the character sheet it belongs to. When you copy the sheet the copy has a different name and that invalidates the Ability. It will have to be redone.  I will mention this to the Devs to confirm if this behavior is a limitation of the current way things are written or is it a bug but Im expecting it to be a limitation that they may someday address.  - Gauss
As copied from the sheet it doesn't work on: /emas @{Name} attempts to perform a daring feat of Athletics! /roll d20+@{Str Mod}-@{Armor Penalty}[Arm] As copied from the original, and several other copies, it DOES work on (yes, I really did copy this twice from two separate sheets: /emas @{Name} attempts to perform a daring feat of Athletics! /roll d20+@{Str Mod}-@{Armor Penalty}[Arm] Both "Str Mod" and "Armor Penalty" are actual attributes, and they both have values in them, in both the numerator and denominator fields. Pretty sure it shouldn't matter that those values are both 0 in the case of the new sheet. Duplicating character sheets and copying ability macros directly has never been a problem, but in this case, it simply doesn't work. No error message, even, it just does nothing; no chat notification.
O.K., I think I found the source of the problem. When I entered the armor penalty, I entered it as a negative value, because it's a penalty. Apparently, macros COMPLETELY FAIL when you try and subtract a negative value; for instance: Str Mod: 0 Armor Penalty: -1 /roll d20+@{Str Mod}-@{Armor Penalty}[Arm] Obviously, what SHOULD happen is that the minuses cancel out, and a bonus of +1 is granted.
Gauss
Forum Champion
Thank you for reporting this, "plus plus" and "minus minus" are known issues and a bug report has been filed regarding that issue. In the meantime I suggest that you use only + signs in Abilities/Macros and in the Attributes use no sign for plus and a minus sign for a negative value. - Gauss