Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Good Name Generator

Dan W.
Sheet Author
I came across this site for generating ALL KINDS of fantasy (and sci-fi) names: <a href="http://fantasynamegenerators.com/" rel="nofollow">http://fantasynamegenerators.com/</a> It's free and amazingly comprehensive so I wanted to let people know. Actually, I'd suggest roll20 do some integration with that site, if i still had any votes left for the suggestions forum. I particularly liked the bow naming suggestions which included 'Special Delivery', which my group reworked to name a kick-butt crossbow we crafted 'The Messenger'. :-)

Edited 1434370053
I just checked this site out. It's awesome! I'd like to point out as well that it does so much more than fantasy and more than just names. I don't like fantasy games, but there is so much here that can be used for real world campaigns or science fiction campaigns, or steampunk campaigns, superhero campaigns, or anything. There is just so much here! Thanks.
Dan W.
Sheet Author
I KNOW !! It's great !! (I have no connection to the site whatsoever)
Yup, that's one of the sites I've used. DonJon also has some excellent name generators, among other great tools (Encounter, Weather, Loot, Pickpocket, Smuggling Mission, Planet, etc) generators for fantasy games, various sci-fi like Star Wars/Trek, and more. Seriously, I don't even run a game session anymore without having DonJon loaded in a tab somewhere on my laptop, their tools are that good. For more "real-world" names, I also recommend Behind the Name , although they dip slightly into myth/fantasy as well.
Dan W.
Sheet Author
Thanks for sharing, but your links a little funky -- what's donjon.bin.sh ? A shellscript... ?
Sorry, I'm not that well-versed in programming to be able to answer that. Every time I've gone on there, it loaded like a regular website. However, it does not seem to be loading this morning (although it was working fine yesterday). Maybe their server is down for maintenance or something, I dunno. Anyway, I'd try them back in a day or two. It's always worked beautifully for me before.
DonJon tools seems to be working fine again now.