Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

GM looking for 3 players, Pathfinder Kingmaker campaign, Fridays 6-11pm PST (UTC+8)

Due to scheduling changes, etc. I've lost a couple of players for my campaign recently and I'd like to replace them (as well as add 1 more player) and get the campaign moving smoothly again. I currently have 3 spots open for players. Currently, the group is 5th level and we are approximately halfway through the second module of the Kingmaker adventure path. The kingdom (Lucianus) is a small, LG-aligned nation with it's capital (Stagfall) in the heart of the Stolen Lands and it has just reached 10 hexes in size. The current group consists of: King: Cain, Male Aasimar Paladin of Iomedae Marshal: Maalik, Male Tiefling Monk Spymaster: Strikalius "Stick" Areanar, Male Elf Fighter/Rogue If this sounds interesting to you, please read the following before responding as I have a few hard and fast requirements of players. You must have a decent microphone and headphones. I do mean headphones here and not speakers as using speakers tends to cause echoes and feedback for the rest of the group. You must be able to play regularly at the scheduled times (currently Fridays 6-11 PM PST (UTC+8), but that can change if the group wants it to)). If you can't make a game, please let me know as soon in advance as you can so I can plan for it in the session. You must be able to use Google Hangouts and Google Docs without issues as I use both in the campaign. You'll also need an email address that will work for Google Docs. You must be willing to play a good (preferable) or neutral aligned character that is actively interested in working with the party and being successful at running a kingdom. I understand (and encourage) a desire to role-play, but characters who are too focused on their own story, too evil, or just have no reason to really be invested in the success of the kingdom just won't fit in the campaign. If you join the campaign, my rules for generating your character are as follows: 5th Level use point-buy for stats with 25 points start at max HP for 1st level. Every level after that, HP rolls should be D(HD Type / 2) + (Max HP from HD Type / 2). So, for example, if you are a fighter with a D10 for your hit die, you would roll D5 + 5 for your base hit points every level after 1st. Start with 10,500 GP for equipment and magic items. You can use 2 traits, but one of those MUST be from the Kingmaker Player's Guide (<a href="http://paizo.com/products/btpy8dqh?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-Kingmaker-Players-Guide" rel="nofollow">http://paizo.com/products/btpy8dqh?Pathfinder-Adventure-Path-Kingmaker-Players-Guide</a>). You may optionally add more traits if you add corresponding drawbacks. A reasonably fleshed out character background is required, and should explain why your character would be interested in adventuring (as opposed to being a farmer) and any motivations that might be relevant to the campaign in the future. Find/create a character picture that can be used for your in-game token I allow rules from the following source books, and those source books ONLY: Core, Advanced Player's Guide, Advanced Race Guide (partial - talk to me first), Ultimate Combat (though I do not allow the Gunslinger), Ultimate Magic, Ultimate Equipment, and Ultimate Campaign. My intent is not to stifle players or discourage efficient characters, but rather to keep the set of rules small and sane enough so that we don't spend hours in rules discussions and so I can keep the campaign reasonably balanced. I'm not 100% opposed to bringing in a feat, spell, etc from another source if it makes sense in the context of the campaign, but it will need to be cleared with me first.
Lee I'm definitely interested in joining your group, thanks for the reply to my post directing me here. I have a few questions for you however, the time you have listed is 6-11pm PST. I would have a problem making that start time at the moment, but could make it at 7pm if the group was so inclined to change the start time or have me just come in late. I also see that you are allowing the advanced player's guide....does this include summoner which I've been dying to play? I can get a character sheet over to you fairly quickly depending on what you think would work best with the group and what's allowed (summoner, ranger, fighter are all builds I have basically set up, others might take a day or two to create). I look forward to hearing back from you.
We've had enough wrangling over start/end time lately I doubt the group would be willing to change at the moment. However, if you want to come in late I don't think that would be a huge issue. showing up regularly is much more important, honestly. Hell, it's not like we ever start RIGHT on time anyway - this is a gaming group, after all :P Summoners have a very bad rep in Pathfinder and I know that they can be abused. I also know that played non-abusively, they can be a great addition to a group. So, I'm fine with you playing a summoner as long as you don't min/max it all to hell. This campaign is as much about role-playing as combat, so one dimensional characters (which summoners have a tendency to be) are not very fun. The choice is yours. I posted the party make-up already, so basically, play whatever you wish that you think will fit with the party. If you are still interested, send me a msg with your email (the one to use for google docs so I can give you access), and I will then send you a campaign invite. When you get that, go to the campaign page so I can add your character, etc (a weird roll20'ism, that). Send me your character soon (pref in the next couple days so that if there are issues, we'll have time to revise before next play-session). Hope to see you in the campaign!
Ok I'll shelf the summoner for now and see what I can come up with. I'll get you a character sheet probably tomorrow or Monday night along with an email!

Edited 1433628539
You must have a decent microphone and headphones. I do mean headphones here and not speakers as using speakers tends to cause echoes and feedback for the rest of the group. Check You must be able to play regularly at the scheduled times (currently Fridays 6-11 PM PST (UTC+8), but that can change if the group wants it to)). If you can't make a game, please let me know as soon in advance as you can so I can plan for it in the session. Even though Im in the east timezone Est it is Perfect to me. You must be able to use Google Hangouts and Google Docs without issues as I use both in the campaign. You'll also need an email address that will work for Google Docs. Sounds Easy enough i've used both and have a gmail account. You must be willing to play a good (preferable) or neutral aligned character that is actively interested in working with the party and being successful at running a kingdom. I understand (and encourage) a desire to role-play, but characters who are too focused on their own story, too evil, or just have no reason to really be invested in the success of the kingdom just won't fit in the campaign. This is perfect for the type of player I am, when I make a character he has reason to go for the party and not for him/herself. The group seems to be missing a few roles let me know of what you think of each of my ideas. LG Cavalier(Striker/Mobility/Ranged)- A knight sent for Restov to assist in the greater good by supporting Lucianus CG Bard (Support/Secondary Healer)- A Bard who is out to look for new stories in the new kingdom. NG Magus (Secondary Frontliner/Striker/Support)- A spell-sword for hire in restov is off to play a bigger role in a kingdom, he is out for the greater good. LN Wizard (Support/Battlefield Control)- A wizard from a far off college sent to insure the kingdom is treating people equally and help them with any problems they may have. These are few of my ideas to help the party with what they are missing.
It looks like 2 of the 3 spots are currently filled. Joining us are a Hunter and a Magus, so far. With 3 front-line fighter-types (paladin, monk, magus), I think we're doing fine for that role. The biggest "need" I see right now is for a healer/divine caster. You also have no dedicated arcane caster so far. However, no one should have to play something they don't enjoy, so if the party ends up without a healer or mage, so be it - there are always wands/potions :)

Edited 1433631563
I'd would be willing to play a Ranged Cleric of sorts if it would fit LN Half-Elf Cleric of Abadar focused on ranged and healing. Being devoted to the God of Cities he left when he heard of the new city thinking of helping out in building it up. Skype ID: Michael Kipporose
Alright, well, it looks like the group is possibly filled (in fact, I'm one spot over now, but I can live with that). I'm waiting on some responses, but for now, it looks like we're set. Thanks everyone!
Update: the campaign is now 6th level and 1st tier mythic. One of my players has to bow out of the game due to a summer job and scheduling limitations, so it seems I have one spot open. Please message me privately if you are interested. Current Party: Male Elf Fighter/Rogue Male Tiefling Monk Male Human Magus Male Human Druid Male Halfling Sorcerer
Another update: Summer is a really bad time for gaming, it seems. In any case, one more spot open. Current party is: Male Elf Fighter/Rogue Male Tiefling Monk Male Human Druid Male Halfling Sorcerer Male Gillman Sorcerer If interested in joining the campaign (I promise, it IS a fun campaign - ask any of the players!), please message me.
Lol, that was fast. Spot filled!