Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Drop-Down Menu script?

Hi, guys--didn't know if this was anything anyone had done--is there any way to make a roll query a drop-down menu instead of a text box (API or no)? I have one player in my game who plays a ranger who uses a bunch of different magical arrows. The base roll for each arrow is the same, with each just having different additional effects. I figured I could use the awesome Powercards v3 script by HoneyBadger and the conditionals to let me just do *one* Ability for the player rather than a separate ability for each arrow: just use a roll query to determine which arrow is being used, and use the conditionals to show the appropriate line of additional effects. However, that will only really work if the player is able to input the selections correctly every time, so I thought maybe enabling a drop-down menu might work--the player would just click the Ability, select the arrow type from the drop-down, and Bob's your uncle, or in this case your GM. Didn't find anything out there for enabling that, though...does anyone know if this is an option?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
The closest you can get, with existing stuff, is something that would whisper to the ranger and present him with a selection of buttons to press, each button triggering a different macro. To give you an example of what I'm talking about, I present my Readycheck! button: [Ready Check](!power --name|%%who%% is ready! --corners|0) I do not know how to make that appear to only a specific person, but I'm 99.99% positive it is possible. Good luck!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
GenKitty is spot on. :) You'd just need to preface it with /w "character name" to get it to a particular person. Also, see the section of the wiki about API Buttons in chat: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Chat#Entering_API_Butt" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Chat#Entering_API_Butt</a>...
Hrm--interesting stuff, but looks like I'd actually have to build separate macros still? If that's the case, for now I think I'll stick to using a roll query but have it expect numbers in response and explain what number equals which arrow type...that seems to work fine and lets me use conditions to show the right arrow effects. :-)
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
It would be one macro button for your ranger to push and only one macro on his token action bar, but it would supply a variety of macros to choose from. If you're still interested, let us know!
I have set up my stuff in a similar way Robert.