Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Forum Etiquette (EDIT 5/6/2012)

We're learning alongside you at the moment. Everyone has been great so far, we're just trying to optimize going forward. Firstly, we would love to see a focus on the VOTING feature. Get in there and vote for suggestions and point out things that need our attention. This is going to help us greatly, and gets your voice heard. You do not need to comment on a thread to solely express that you like the idea, so please don't. You ARE invited to add to the idea or debate it's merit, though. Otherwise, a simple vote helps us a lot. Just so we can keep track of things; if you don't search through existing suggestions or bugs and end up submitting a repeat, we will be closing the discussion. It doesn't mean we hate you (well, maybe, depending on how many times you do it :) , it is simply helping us organize. I'll be going through today and trying to merge some things and figure out what our standard for that is. You'll be helping us find the right balance. Also, if you have not at least watched the overview video or glanced at the documentation, we probably don't hold your questions or commentary in high regard. Yes, we'd love for everything to be very intuitive before the beta is over... but for now, give us a break, eh? Thanks for making the first day of the beta AWESOME everyone. We are deliriously happy so far, and hope you're all having fun. EDIT 05/06/2012: On "Closed" Threads Closed threads don't mean we dislike you, OR what you are talking about. Right now we're trying to literally be everywhere. So since May 2nd, we've seen over 300 threads of discussion. That's in addition to e-mails and the like. Don't get me wrong-- I'm not complaining and my cohorts aren't either. We LOVE it. This is about as much fun as I've had on a project of any sort. BUT we have to try to keep things focused here in the early stages to get through. So either we close threads that we've gotten the relevant information from OR we let them continue so that we burn time checking on every "this is a good idea" follow up post. Again, voting is very helpful to us. Anyways, KEEP COMMENTING and DISCUSSING as this is fun and is helping us shape Roll20. But know we're going to keep aggressively closing threads just to try to organize the flow of information.
Suggestion: Delete or Lock any duplicate feature requests. It's getting kind of ridiculous how many duplicates are popping up now. There's a search on the right for a reason... :)
Deightine
KS Backer
Sheet Author
For that matter, if it can be easily moved, might want to move that Search box to the slot above the Welcome note. Until David mentioned it, I didn't even notice it. Not so much a matter of having been looking for it, as it blended in with the other boxes around it.
One effective method to prevent people from misconstruing the closure of their discussions is to write "Thank you" in the closure notice.
Be excellent to each other.