Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Multi-line macro with variable input?

With a macro like this, is it possible to include a variable input? /ooc Attacking with Longbow... ( vs. AC, 19-20x2)  /r 1d20+@{Dex}+ When I do this, and call the macro with %{Chris Lyanor|Attack_Longbow} 2, it doesn't actually include the +2 (see below).  In fact, the trailing + breaks the +Dex, too (see below).  Removing the open +, and doing %{Chris Lyanor|Attack_Longbow}+2 will return the same result below. Can't find a workaround, thanks in advance if anyone knows!
Gauss
Forum Champion
Ok, it looks like there are two bugs here. I have moved the thread to the bug report forum. I will report the bugs.  The bugs are:  1) An 'empty' sign placed in the dice roller will cause all modifiers after dice rolls to not to be counted.  2) Unlike regular Macros, Abilities are not accepting additional modifiers in the chat box.  As a workaround you can do the following: 1) Create an attribute called Var (for variable) 2) Link a token to your character sheet.  3) Link the attribute Var one of the tokens bubbles. 4) Put the following macro in: /r 1d20+@{Dex}+@{Var} If you change that bubble it will change the macro. - Gauss
Phew, thought it was me!  Thanks for the quick response.  Cool workaround, but not as handy as just leaving the end of a macro open with "+", calculating modifiers, and doing #attack+5 after it's all settled :)
Gauss
Forum Champion
To clarify, you can use Macros the way you want. The second bug affects Abilities not Macros. To use a Macro this way:  Macro name: Attack_Longbow Macro body: /r 1d20+@{Chris Lyanor|Dex} Then in the chat box:  #Attack_Longbow +2 - Gauss
Got it.  I wonder if part of the problem is that I'm testing all of this as a GM, not directly as a player?
Gauss
Forum Champion
No, they are bugs that are not dependent upon the status of the user. - Gauss