Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Looking for help Simplifying a few macros

Ok, so I've been using some rather bulky and quite frankly complicated macros for some time with my attacks... and I've been trying for months to simplify them... I've gone through about a dozen iterations of the macro... and I'm at the point where I think it might be better to just ask for some help... Full Attack &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=attacks with a @{weapon1name} }} {{subtags2=[[(4*?{Miss chance? (1=True)|0})d100<50]] attacks miss }} {{attack1=hitting AC[[@{weapon1attackcalc}]]}} {{damage1=for [[@{weapon1damage}]] dmg}} {{critdmg1=+[[@{weapon1damage}+[[@{weapon2damage}]][Telling Blow]]] crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag=[[d1]]}} {{attack2=hitting AC[[@{weapon1attackcalc}-5]]}} {{damage2=for [[@{weapon1damage}]] dmg}} {{critdmg2=+[[@{weapon1damage}+[[@{weapon2damage}]][Telling Blow]]] crit dmg}} {{attack3=hitting AC:[[@{weapon1attackcalc}-10]]}} {{damage3=for [[@{weapon1damage}]] dmg}} {{critdmg3=+[[@{weapon1damage}+[[@{weapon2damage}]][Telling Blow]]] crit dmg}} {{attack4=hitting AC[[@{weapon1attackcalc}-15]]}} {{damage4=for [[@{weapon1damage}]] dmg}} {{critdmg4=+[[@{weapon1damage}+[[@{weapon2damage}]][Telling Blow]]] crit dmg}} {{attack5=**Magebane**: + **2** atk }} {{damage5= +[[2d6+2[vs Arcane Spellcasters]]]dmg}} {{attack6=**Weapon Crystal**: }} {{damage6=+[[1d6[vs Undead/Constructs]]]dmg}} {{attack7=**Vampiric**: }} {{damage7=+[[1d6]]health steal}} {{attack8=**Vexing Flanker**: + **4** atk **Harmony**: + **2** atk Flanking **Tactical Precision**: + **2** atk}} {{damage8=+[[1d6]]dmg Flanking w/**Ruby**}} {{notes= All attacks hit Flatfoot AC}} @{weapon1attackcalc} 1d20cf=1cf=20cs<@{weapon1critmin} +[[{@{BAB}, @{level}}kh1]][BAB] +[[@{weapon1stat}]][Dex] +@{size}[Size] +@{weapon1enh}[Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Focus] +[[2[Blink] +d1[Prayer] +2[Heroism] +2[Healer's Vision] +3[Skin of the Hero] +3[Divine Favor] +1[Ioun Stone] +1[Aerial Combat] -?{Power Attack?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Misc Atk|0}]][Misc] @{weapon1damage} 1d6 +[[@{weapon1damagestat}]][Str] +@{weapon1enh}[Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Spec] +[[?{Size difference|0}d6[Fell the Greatest Foe] +1[Prayer] +2[Heroism] +2[Healer's Vision] +3[Divine Favor] +?{Power Attack?|0}[Pwr Attk] +?{Misc Dmg|0}]][Misc] @{weapon2damage} @{weapon2enh}d@{weapon2type}cf0[Sneak Attack]+[[floor(@{casterlevel}/3)]]d@{weapon2type}cf0[Hunter's Eye]+@{weapon2focus}d@{weapon2type}cf0[Bonus Dice]+@{level}[Craven] ATM, I either have a ton of queries to check what is and what isn't applied to the damage or I have a ton of excess bonuses listed after the damage... I would like to minimize both of these if at all possible... However, I have no idea how to accomplish that... and it would be to much to ask my DM to add some flags to each existing NPC for stuff like "Is undead?" "Is construct?" "Is arcane spellcaster?" "Is living?" "Is whatever?" I've got another attack macro I'd also like to find some way to do something about... this time it's a multi-attack macro and I've got no idea how to go about cleaning this one up... as it stands this macro takes up far to much screen space when rolled... Full Attack @{weapon1fullattackmacro} @{weapon2fullattackmacro} @{weapon3fullattackmacro} @{weapon1fullattackmacro} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{subtags=(Cyra's Familiar)}} {{subtags2=attacks with her @{weapon1name}s }} {{attack1=hitting AC[[@{weapon1attackcalc}]]}} {{damage1=for[[@{weapon1damage}]]dmg}} {{critdmg1=+[[@{weapon1damage}+@{weapon1damage}+@{weapon1damage}]]crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag=[[d1]]}} {{attack2=hitting AC[[@{weapon1attackcalc}]]}} {{damage2=for[[@{weapon1damage}]]dmg}} {{critdmg2=+[[@{weapon1damage}+@{weapon1damage}+@{weapon1damage}]]crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag=[[d1]]}} {{attack3=**Magebane**: + **2** atk }} {{damage3= +[[2d6+2[vs Arcane Spellcasters]]] dmg}} {{attack4=**Vexing Flanker**: + **4** atk **Tactical Precision**: + **2** atk &}} {{damage4=+[[1d6]]dmg Flanking w/**Cyra**}} {{notes= + **1** Con damage per hit}} @{weapon1attackcalc} 1d20cf=1cf=20cs>@{weapon1critmin} +@{bab}[BAB] +[[@{weapon1stat}]][Dex] +@{size}[Size] +@{weapon1enh}[Enh] +@{weapon1focus}[Focus] +[[2[Enh Familiar] +d1[Prayer] +2[Heroism] +2[Dragonblood] +3[Skin of the Hero] +3[Divine Favor] +5[Nature's Favor] +1[Aerial Combat] +?{Misc Atk|0}]][Misc] @{weapon1damage} 3d6 +1d6[Beast Claws] +?{Size difference|2}d6[Fell the Greatest Foe] +[[@{weapon1damagestat}]][Str] +@{weapon1enh}[Enh] +@{weapon1specialize}[Spec] +[[5[Collision] +2[Enh Familiar] +d1[Prayer] +2[Heroism] +3[Divine Favor] +2[Dragonblood] +5[Nature's Favor] +?{Misc Dmg|0}]][Misc] @{weapon2fullattackmacro} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{npcflag=true}} {{name= }} {{subtags=attacks with a @{weapon2name} }} {{attack1=hitting AC[[@{weapon2attackcalc}-5]]}} {{damage1=for[[@{weapon2damage} -[[floor(@{str-mod}/2)]]]]dmg}} {{critdmg1=+[[@{weapon2damage} -[[floor(@{str-mod}/2)]]]]crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag=[[d1]]}} {{attack2=Poison: (DC[[10+[[floor(@{hitdie}/2)]]+[[@{con-mod}]]+2]]) }} {{damage2=[[1d6]]Con }} {{attack3=**Venomfire**: }} {{damage3= +[[@{Cyra|casterlevel}d6]]acid dmg}} {{attack4=**Vexing Flanker**: + **4** atk **Tactical Precision**: + **2** atk &}} {{damage4=+[[1d6]]dmg Flanking w/**Cyra**}} {{notes= + **1** Con damage}} @{weapon2attackcalc} 1d20cf=1cf=20cs>@{weapon2critmin} +@{bab}[BAB] +[[@{weapon2stat}]][Dex] +@{size}[Size] +@{weapon2enh}[Enh] +@{weapon2focus}[Focus] +[[2[Enh Familiar] +d1[Prayer] +2[Heroism] +2[Dragonblood] +3[Skin of the Hero] +3[Divine Favor] +5[Nature's Favor] +1[Aerial Combat] +?{Misc Atk|0}]][Misc] @{weapon2damage} 1d4 +?{Size difference|2}d6[Fell the Greatest Foe] +[[@{weapon2damagestat}]][Str] +@{weapon2enh}[Enh] +@{weapon2specialize}[Spec] +[[5[Collision] +2[Enh Familiar] +d1[Prayer] +2[Heroism] +3[Divine Favor] +2[Dragonblood] +5[Nature's Favor] +?{Misc Dmg|0}]][Misc] @{weapon3fullattackmacro} &{template:DnD35Attack} {{pcflag=true}} {{name= }} {{subtags=& attacks with a @{weapon3name} }} {{attack1=hitting AC[[@{weapon3attackcalc}-5]]}} {{damage1=for[[@{weapon3damage} -[[floor(@{str-mod}/2)]]]]dmg}} {{critdmg1=+[[@{weapon3damage} -[[floor(@{str-mod}/2)]]]]crit dmg}} {{fullattackflag=[[d1]]}} {{attack2=and grapples[[d20+@{grapple}]]}} {{damage2=}} {{attack3=**Poison**: (DC[[10+[[floor(@{hitdie}/2)]]+[[@{con-mod}]]+2]]) }} {{damage3= Sleep[[d0+1]]min}} {{attack4=**Venomfire**: }} {{damage4=+[[@{Cyra|casterlevel}d6]]acid dmg}} {{attack5=**Vexing Flanker**: + **4** atk **Tactical Precision**: + **2** atk &}} {{damage5=+[[1d6]]dmg Flanking w/**Cyra**}} {{notes=Secondary save sleep[[1d3]]hrs}} @{weapon3attackcalc} 1d20cf=1cf=20cs>@{weapon3critmin} +@{bab}[BAB] +[[@{weapon3stat}]][Dex] +@{size}[Size] +@{weapon3enh}[Enh] +@{weapon3focus}[Focus] +[[2[Enh Familiar] +d1[Prayer] +2[Heroism] +2[Dragonblood] +3[Skin of the Hero] +3[Divine Favor] +5[Nature's Favor] +1[Aerial Combat] +?{Misc Atk|0}]][Misc] @{weapon3damage} 1d3 +?{Size difference|2}d6[Fell the Greatest Foe] +[[(@{weapon3damagestat}*2)]][Str] +@{weapon3enh}[Enh] +@{weapon3specialize}[Spec] +[[5[Collision] +2[Enh Familiar] +d1[Prayer] +2[Heroism] +3[Divine Favor] +2[Dragonblood] +5[Nature's Favor] +?{Misc Dmg|0}]][Misc] It's a natural weapon attack sequence... since each one has it's own bonus properties I rolled them as separate templates... but this resulted in a full roll filling the entire chat panel and requiring some scrolling... It also has some of the same elements I wanted to change from the other macro included in it as well...

Edited 1434219924
Spren
Sheet Author
All I can really think of to trim these is either a. splitting them up a little or b. consolidating bonuses into one stat. What I mean by splitting it up is to make some of the situational things separate. For instance I typically use a token ability macro on the character sheet for bonus damages. So instead of queries I have a few extra things on my token bar that I give a short name to and only roll when they apply. Thats just me though, I find clicking a second button here and there easier then constant roll queries. Added effect is that it makes the main attack macro smaller. As for the bonuses you could just make one bonus called "attack bonuses" or something. What I might do is add an attribute for each bonus on the character sheet then make an attribute that adds them all up and call that in the main macro. So for example a "heroism" stat and a "divine favor" stat then make a "bonuses" stat that adds @{heroism} + @{divine favor}. Then in the macro above all you would need is to call is the one "bonuses" stat for everything. Not sure if any of that helps buts its all I can really think of. Your macros seem pretty solid.
turns out I won't need to simplify it afterall... we wrapped up the campaign today... a lot sooner than was expected but oh well...