Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Journal Inventory Feature Needed

Edited 1434347366
It would be awesome if there was a way to track equipment and money that was semi-automated. Apologies if this is already suggested. I know there are ways to implement character sheets and some fine work done along those lines but I am referring to a generic feature that would work as follows: 0) Presupposes an inventory with container functionality and 'in use' flags on each item. An inventory skeleton would allow a GM to customize their 'in use' chart. This means for instance that I could allow players to use armor, shirt, and bandolier all that go on the chest. The skeleton shows only what slots are available to validate proper in use restrictions. Most charts do not work for my game because they are static and not configurable. A crime when that is so easy to do. Cape, backpack and Quiver all go on the back just as another clear example. 1) On right click for token add a selection for equipment. This has further options buy, take(from token), get(from square), sell, drop(to square), get out(from storage inventory), give(to token), or put away(into storage inventory). Clearly some of these options refer to a map grid but I am only being thorough. The interaction choices pop up dialogs with the selected player's token or the GM. Secret chat barter on that dialog between interested parties. 1more) Item journals would allow for item pictures and such but CLASSIFY the journal entries as items and thus interactive with inventory. Then when an item is laying about it can be picked up and or dropped and the AI knows what to show. 1more) Clearly buy and sell must guarantee the money agreed is present and that the item and money are exchanged. 1more) If a person clicks a square to get or drop something in, they must move to that square. A meaningful terrain feature and collision algorithm would be so very nice as well. (I'd like the sun and moon light ray tracing also, while I'm at it). 2) Lastly and very importantly (just like all these suggestions) each inventory item should have an effect list. An effect is a buff or debuff to a named attribute of the person. Further each effect has an 'in use' flag. If the in use flag is checked that effect works ONLY when the item is in use. If the in use flag is not checked the effect always works. Fun fun. 3) Certain items will be in use only when they are held in the hands. If the character gets out another item from storage and it has no slot on the skeleton it is considered 'in use' and must occupy the hands. A nice feature would be to put away the other held items by default mentioning this to the witnesses via chat narrative: 'Bluto puts away his +2 rapier of slithering nightmares and pulls out his orb of admiration.' He seems a great deal more likable now. That last part is another item attribute which is the 'as in use narrative' field. Clever? lol! 4) The character could edit their equipment list but a GM only viewable equipment event journal would show all adds and deletions. The players could see their skeletons' slots listed and what they have 'in use' as well as their wealth (not just coins, please, jewlery, credentials, etc) Anyway, you see where all this is going. Just thought I'd throw it out there and watch the flames!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .