Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character sheet switching

I'm planning to switch my group from D&D 3.5 to Pathfinder soon and I was wondering what would happen if I switch the campaign character sheets. Since we use one of the 3.5 sheets on the site, will switching the sheet to Pathfinder delete all the work the players have done on their characters?

Edited 1434849057
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
The attributes will still exit as attributes on the Attributes and Abilities tab but the character sheet will probably not be filled out; it is very unlikely that the two sheets have the same naming convention. I would recommend that you either take screen shots of all the information, write it down, or enter it into an off-line character sheet before switching so that you can more easily reference the values to re-fill out the character sheets.
Some of the core information may switch, such as the STR, DEX etc.. the very early code of the 3.5 system is based on the PF (or the other way around, not really sure). The skills were once using the same code but the new pathfinder sheet has overhauled the skills and that is no longer the case. Ultimately, this is a HUUGE undertaking, if you have npcs in one system my suggestion is copy the campaign switch the system and slowly just create new npcs.. A good long time before you intend to switch..... and then at the very end.. have everyone redo their sheets from myth-weavers, pen/paper, Hero Labs,... whatever character sheet program they use. Doing it this way will limit the actual in-game down time because you'll have plenty of time to test things before the player ever start to add stuff. Expect to have problems, Especially if you want to keep your own roll templates (the pathfinder default one is god awful).
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Toby said: Some of the core information may switch, such as the STR, DEX etc.. the very early code of the 3.5 system is based on the PF (or the other way around, not really sure). The skills were once using the same code but the new pathfinder sheet has overhauled the skills and that is no longer the case. PF was based off the 3.5 core rules at first then expanded into their own later on.