Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Help][Macro]

So, i was looking at the help section quite a bit but couldnt find what i was looking for. It is quite hard to get all the possible options and commands for macros together. This is what i want him to do - and i dont know if it is possible at all: Roll A and Roll B (the output of both rolls would be a number of successes) then compare the results of roll A and B and if A is > B then X else Y Pretty much what i am looking for is the option to use the result of a roll in the same macro again for more formulas. Is that possible? It would make Shadowrun Macros so much easier - and i have to say that the Shadowrun Character Sheet for 5th is pretty bare basic and the roll output is almost unformated for any kind of "easy consumption". Thanks for the Help!
To clarify it a bit - i have the macro that gets me the successes and all - but i am looking for a way to compare them and use the results further in the same macro. Shadowrun example would be: Player wants to shoot - rolls pistols - gets 4 successes against Defender with 2 successes Player damage would be his Pistols Damage + (Player successes - Defender Successes (aka netto successes)) something like that
Impossible to do without the API or a custom character sheet using roll helpers.
Okay, if thats the case, thats a bit of a bummer - it would make the life of my players much easier ... i have to get mentor level to do that right? Could you give me an explanation or some links how to do what i want with the API/custom character sheet/roll helpers? I get the basics of programming, but the documentation is quite tough here.
Well, you could ask for a custom script in the api forum and someone might make it for you or you could use powercards (a script I wrote).
well i do enjoy working through this stuff and getting the results by my own
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The API is written in JavaScript. Details of the environment are here: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Introduction" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/API:Introduction</a> (moving to Specific Use)