Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Ctrl+Y (Common Undo Command) does nothing in a forum post, Ctrl+Z (Undo) undoes too much

Edited 1435293478
I was typing up a forum post for one of my games, when I had noticed that I had accidentally hit CAPSLOCK, and reflexively proceeded to tap Ctrl+Z (Undo) to remove the erroneously capitalized text. This took out a pretty big chunk of what I was typing (not just the mistakenly capitalized text, but most of the preceding paragraph, that I did not want zapped). Tapping Ctrl+Y (the common Undo command) seemed to do nothing to bring back my lost text. I don't think there's any reason why we shouldn't have a Ctrl+Y Undo command for typing these forum posts - it's been industry standard for years, and a function most of us have come to expect on a graphic-user-interface.
Lithl
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The redo command is Ctrl+Shift+Z, which is about as common as Ctrl+Y.
Okay, I did not know that about the site (the Ctrl+Shift+Z thing). Thanks for letting me know. Now that I think about it, I can see how on a standard QWERTY layout, that would actually be more efficient than stretching or 2-handing that Ctrl-Y command! :)